*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

The UK just gave the car industry 15 years to ditch fossil fuels
By Charles Riley, CNN Business  Updated 1338 GMT (2138 HKT) February 4, 2020

London (CNN Business)Britain will ban sales of new gasoline and diesel cars from 2035 — five years earlier than planned — heaping pressure on an auto industry that is already struggling to cope with a global sales slump and the fallout from Brexit.  And for the first time, hybrid vehicles will also be covered by the ban.

The UK government detailed the more aggressive approach in a statement Tuesday, saying it was necessary to fight the climate crisis and help the United Kingdom cut carbon emissions to "net zero" by 2050.  LINK

=======================================================  

No gasoline or diesel cars in 15 years?   I don't see this happening.    

Mention of this in the Political Cartoon thread.  So of course I had to go back and see the ending.  Oddly, this brings back fond memories.  My college gf used to love all the Planet of the Apes movies.  So once in a while we'd rent one and watch it.  I think we ended up watching several of them.  

French Soccer Player Suspended Five Years for Biting Opponent’s Penis

By DAN GARTLAND  www.si.com  2 HOURS AGO

Five years might be light.  A soccer referee issues a red card, with his back to the camera

An amateur soccer player in France has been suspended for five years for biting an opponent’s penis during a fight on the pitch. 

<snip>

The victim was forced to go to the emergency room, where he received a dozen stitches to close the wound and was deemed unfit to work for four days.   LINK 

=================================================================================  

Yikes!  A dozen stiches on his penis.  Better hope he doesn't get "excited" before the stitches are taken out.  

• Plus1 1