*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

I was nearly run over by one of these buffoons driving these scooters in a grocery store a few months ago.

Frankly, these scooters are a menace and need to be removed from most stores. The people who use them could, for the most part, use the exercise.

Lincoln 15-year-old assaulted Target employee scolding him for riding motorized scooter in store, police say

A Lincoln 15-year-old beat up a Target employee and broke his glasses after the employee told him not to play around on the store's motorized scooters, a police department spokeswoman said Friday.

Around 1 p.m. Wednesday, the employee saw the 15-year-old and a friend riding the scooters in the store at South 40th Street and Yankee Hill Road unnecessarily, Officer Erin Spilker said.

The 52-year-old employee told the teens they needed to get off the scooters, and one responded they didn't need to listen to him, Spilker said.

When they tried to continue driving the scooters, the store employee stood in front of them, she said.

One juvenile tried to run into him and then pushed the employee into store shelving before the employee tried to record the incident, according to police.

The same 15-year-old swatted the phone out of the employee's hand, then hit the employee several times in the head as he reached for the phone, Spilker said.

Another employee needed to pull the teen off the victim to prevent him from assaulting the employee further, she said.

• Plus1 1

How Koenigsegg’s 2.0-Liter No-Camshaft Engine Makes 600 Horsepower
BY CHRIS PERKINS
MAR 13, 2020 

Koenigsegg calls the engine the Tiny Friendly Giant, or TFG for short, and it's an apt name. The TFG is a 2.0-liter twin-turbo three-cylinder that makes 600 horsepower. At 300 horsepower per liter, the TFG's specific output is far higher than anything ever seen in a road car. Koenigsegg says this is "light-years ahead of any other production three-cylinder today," and he's not wrong: The next most powerful triple is the 268-hp engine in the Toyota GR Yaris.

What’s even more unusual is that the TFG doesn't have a camshaft. Instead, the engine uses technology from Koenigsegg’s sister company, Freevalve, with pneumatic actuators opening and closing each valve independently. I called company founder Christian von Koenigsegg to learn exactly how this unconventional engine works.

LINK 

=========================================================================  

Wow.  2 liters.  600 horseower.   That doesn't even seem possible.  

tag:reuters.com,2020:newsml_LYNXMPEG2D08

Hindu group offers cow urine in a bid to ward off coronavirus
By Danish Siddiqui    www.reuters.com  MARCH 14, 2020 / 4:31 AM / UPDATED 7 HOURS AGO

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Hindu group hosted a cow urine drinking party on Saturday as they believe it wards off the coronavirus, as many Hindus consider the cow sacred and some drink cow urine believing it has medicinal properties.  LINK  

=============================================================  

Heh, those guys know how to party.  NOT!  

^Yeah there are some good Youtube videos on the whole thing.  She took her kids out of school and told the school they were going to be home schooled from now on and also returned her son's therapy dog (he has autism) to it's original owner right before her children disappeared.  She also never contacted the police about her children being missing.  Even Casey Anthony waited a month.

The Sixth Amendment instructs that a federal jury must be assembled from both the district and state in which the crime was committed. In order for that to work for that particular area of Yellowstone, there would have to be residents—and there aren’t. You can’t form a jury from anywhere else in Idaho because they’re not in the District of Wyoming; likewise, the District of Wyoming has no Idaho residents. (The Montana portion has a few dozen, though it would still be problematic to get a full panel of 12 jurors.) And you can’t hold a trial in Wyoming because Article III of the Constitution insists that it take place in the state where the offense occurred.

No court could assemble a jury from an empty jury pool. With no jury, there’s no trial. And someone who decides to strangle someone else in what Kalt dubbed “the Zone of Death” stands a better-than-fair chance of going free as a result.

Heh, that's handy to know.  From now on I'll definitely commit all my murders in that Idaho portion of Yellowstone.  

• Haha 1

BB11bbnR.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them
By Jack Nicas 2 days ago   www.nytimes.com 

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States was announced, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.

Over the next three days, Noah Colvin took a 1,300-mile road trip across Tennessee and into Kentucky, filling a U-Haul truck with thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes, mostly from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” his brother said. “The major metro areas were cleaned out.”  LINK

=======================================================  

What a greedy, selfish asshat.  /facepalm

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, NUance said:

BB11bbnR.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them
By Jack Nicas 2 days ago   www.nytimes.com 

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States was announced, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.

Over the next three days, Noah Colvin took a 1,300-mile road trip across Tennessee and into Kentucky, filling a U-Haul truck with thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes, mostly from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” his brother said. “The major metro areas were cleaned out.”  LINK

=======================================================  

What a greedy, selfish asshat.  /facepalm

He donated all of them after getting caught. Apparently he was under investigation, and he received death threats.

Brothers who hoarded 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer forced to donate to charity

The Tennessee Attorney General's Office opened an investigation for alleged illegal price gouging.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim Nantz best sports calls.  I'm surprised Nantz's call of The Run by Tommie Frazier isn't in this collection.  Many Husker fans would consider it Nantz's best call evar.  (If it's in this video I missed it. lol)

On the street where my office is located we've had a lot of turnover.  Little business start up, and they within a few months they go belly up.  I've seen at least a dozen little businesses turn over within a block of my place in the past four or five years. 

Several months back a new little business opened up a few doors down.  At the time I thought, "this place won't be in business for long."   I was dead wrong.  The business:  "Dinner in a Bag."  

btw, By mandate of the governor all restaurants in the state of Illinois are closed through at least April 7, and I'm sure that will be extended.  Takeout places like Dinner in a Bag are scoring big time from this.  Talk about incredible timing in opening a new little business.