*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Exclusive: Elite hackers target WHO as coronavirus cyberattacks spike
By Raphael Satter, Jack Stubbs, Christopher Bing

WASHINGTON/LONDON (Reuters) - Elite hackers tried to break into the World Health Organization earlier this month, sources told Reuters, part of what a senior agency official said was a more than two-fold increase in cyberattacks.

<snip>

Urbelis said he picked up on the activity around March 13, when a group of hackers he’d been following activated a malicious site mimicking the WHO’s internal email system.

“I realized quite quickly that this was a live attack on the World Health Organization in the midst of a pandemic,” he said.  LINK

=================================================  

Heh, I wonder why this, and now?  Weird.  

Morningside%20Campus%20at%20Dusk%202.jpg

50 Most Expensive Colleges in America

1. Columbia University   $57,208 per year (out of state)

2. University of Chicago  $56,034 

3. Vassar College  $55,210  

LINK

==========================================================================  

By contrast UNL was pretty cheap when I attended.  I paid all expenses myself and only had around $10,000 in student load debt when I graduated.  So there's that.   

• Plus1 1

Putting this in this thread an not the Space thread because I don't think it's real. It's a pretty good fake, though.

The YouTube account that posted this was created a couple of days ago. There are a ton of replies that aren't being responded to. The guy's description (translated from French) is:

"This video is not mine. A friend passed it on to me.
Filmed towards Montreal in the late afternoon with a Nikon P1000
He tells me:

"I regularly film the Moon by day, at the time of the first and last crescent.
I think that if a hidden activity must be visible on the Moon, it is at this moment, when the population does not observe it, because it is day and the first or last crescent makes it more discreet in the sky.
And after hundreds of videos, March 26 ...
"

(Cette vidéo n'est pas de moi. Un ami me l'a transmis. Filmé vers Montréal en fin d'après midi avec un Nikon P1000 Il me raconte: Je film régulièrement la Lune de jour, au moment du premier et dernier croissant. Je pense que si une activité cachée doit être visible sur la Lune, c'est à ce moment la, quand la population ne l'observe pas, parce qu'il fait jour et que le premier ou dernier croissant la rend plus discrète dans le ciel. Et après des centaines de vidéos, le 26 mars...)

Check out the 34 second mark. It seems like the "atmospheric disturbance" just shuts off. So that's another knock against this being real.

Another is that it's basically a clip of what appears to be this guy setting up, catching exactly what he's looking for, then taking the camera down without saying anything.  You'd think he would react more to capturing this.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1