*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

A father said to his daughter “You have graduated with honors, here is a car I bought many years ago. It is pretty old now. But before I give it to you, take it to the used car lot downtown and tell them I want to sell it and see how much they offer you for it.”
The daughter went to the used car lot, returned to her father and said, “They offered me $1,000 because the said it looks pretty worn out.”
The father said, now “Take it to the pawn shop.” The daughter went to the pawn shop, returned to her father and said,”The pawn shop offered only $100 because it is an old car.”
The father asked his daughter to go to a car club now and show them the car. The daughter then took the car to the club, returned and told her father,” Some people in the club offered $100,000 for it because “it's an iconic car and sought by many collectors.”
Now the father said this to his daughter, “The right place values you the right way,” If you are not valued, do not be angry, it means you are in the wrong place. Those who know your value are those who appreciate you......Never stay in a place where no one sees your value. #knowyourworth

AF7E123A-0429-4032-9EFF-15A26B28AAA3.jpeg

• Plus1 1

Hackers behind Colonial Pipeline attack reportedly received millions 
PUBLISHED TUE, MAY 18 20219:04 AM    By Ryan Browne

<snip>

In a blog post Tuesday, Elliptic said DarkSide and its affiliates bagged at least $90 million in bitcoin ransom payments over the past nine months from 47 victims. The average payment from organizations was likely $1.9 million, Elliptic said.  link

British-company-seeks-beverage-enthusias

British company seeks beverage enthusiast to get paid to test cocktails
By  Ben Hooper     MAY 18, 2021 / 3:31 PM

May 18 (UPI) -- A British beverage company is seeking an "official cocktail tester" to get paid more than $280 to spend a year drinking free cocktails.  LINK

On 5/17/2021 at 3:50 PM, NUance said:

What, no guillotine option?  

I think I'd go for the firing squad.  Electric chair and lethal injection both sound pretty gruesome.  

from the article:

Prison officials have been doing preliminary research into how firing squads carry out executions in other states, but are not sure how long it will take to have one in place in South Carolina. 

Good God. What could go wrong?

It’s been my opinion that legislators voting for and governors signing off on capital punishment methods should be required to personally witness the next one in person.  If it really is “justice “ vs state sponsored revenge,  then they should have no problem with it.   

• Plus1 3