*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

42 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Do you ever eat corn on the cob?

I don't get wings a lot but when I do, I get traditional.  I've tried boneless a couple of times - I think always at BWW - and they always taste terrible to me.  No idea why but they do.

Corn on the cob- Yes

Chicken on the bone- No

You don’t call it beef or steak on the bone, it’s just steak ;)

Traditional are better precisely because of the bone. And I prefer the 2 bone flats to the drummies also. Chicken is just generally better with the bone.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

You've never had a bone-in Ribeye?

Yes but when it’s a normal ribeye you don’t call it a boneless ribeye. Even a T-Bone is called a strip steak and filet or tenderloin when the bone is removed and, when it has the bone it’s not a T-Bone on the bone :lol:

I know we’re being goofy but calling it chicken on the bone has always bugged me.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I know we’re being goofy but calling it chicken on the bone has always bugged me.

I admit I don't recall hearing it referred to as that.

But it's not that bad, imo.  It's telling you how it's served, not where it came from. 

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I admit I don't recall hearing it referred to as that.

But it's not that bad, imo.  It's telling you how it's served, not where it came from. 

I’ve never really seen it phrased that way anywhere. It’s a pretty safe bet that a leg, wing or thigh has the bone and for a breast it depends on how it’s prepared for the most part. So I guess what bugs me is my wife calling it chicken on the bone with her snide belittling emphasis on the “bone”, like it’s something bad. :lol:  She used to make the best fried chicken but ever since she started calling it “on the bone”, all I ever get is boneless breasts. I’m a leg and thigh man damnit! :lol:

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve never really seen it phrased that way anywhere. It’s a pretty safe bet that a leg, wing or thigh has the bone and for a breast it depends on how it’s prepared for the most part. So I guess what bugs me is my wife calling it chicken on the bone with her snide belittling emphasis on the “bone”, like it’s something bad. :lol:  She used to make the best fried chicken but ever since she started calling it “on the bone”, all I ever get is boneless breasts. I’m a leg and thigh man damnit! :lol:

8a360545b84bda501fa9c8390402729829.png

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2