*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Always wanted to smoke a pipe..not sure why i never just went out and got one. I love me a good cigar though.

I smoke the occasional cigar. I bought a box of Partagas a few years ago. Got them in Jamaica. They're long gone now--I never knew if they were the real deal, or knockoffs. A few months back I bought a collection of several briar pipes from a little junk shop down the street. I cleaned one of them up--cleaned the mouth piece, not the bowl. And have been fiddling around, puffing on it. I guess I'm a rookie. I still can't keep the damn thing lit for more than about 20 minutes. lol

Always wanted to smoke a pipe..not sure why i never just went out and got one. I love me a good cigar though.

I smoke the occasional cigar. I bought a box of Partagas a few years ago. Got them in Jamaica. They're long gone now--I never knew if they were the real deal, or knockoffs. A few months back I bought a collection of several briar pipes from a little junk shop down the street. I cleaned one of them up--cleaned the mouth piece, not the bowl. And have been fiddling around, puffing on it. I guess I'm a rookie. I still can't keep the damn thing lit for more than about 20 minutes. lol

it is all about how you pack the tobacco. here is what i learned, loosely fill up the bowl, push it down so it is half way full. fill again, push it down to 75% full. loosely fill it again (it should be a little overflowed) pack it in. i think it should be dense in the bottom and slightly looser as it moves up. i could be way wrong as well, i think it still takes practice to keep it lit. i just like pipes because is there anything better to point at someone in an authoritative manner than the mouthpiece of a pipe?

it is all about how you pack the tobacco. here is what i learned, loosely fill up the bowl, push it down so it is half way full. fill again, push it down to 75% full. loosely fill it again (it should be a little overflowed) pack it in. i think it should be dense in the bottom and slightly looser as it moves up. i could be way wrong as well, i think it still takes practice to keep it lit. i just like pipes because is there anything better to point at someone in an authoritative manner than the mouthpiece of a pipe?

Or more fatherly sounding than talking with the pipe in your mouth!

You mean OTHER than a middle finger...?

I can't decide whether to hangout with the girl I'm kind of seeing now or get drun with my buddies. A real stress on my life.

Definitely a one-or-the-other situation. No way you can multitask this one. THere's nothing worse for a gf relationship than having her around when you're drinking with the guys. That is, unless you're married to her. : -)

Anybody know someone that has one of these? http://www.biggreenegg.com/

I'm going to a free cookout over lunch where they'll be demoing these things.

Two of my neighbors have them. They both swear by them. Myself, I think they're a bit pricey. Like couple hunderd more than I'd want to spend on a grill. My Weber is about half the price, and suits me just fine.

Ameristar in the middle?

NUance got it. I work near 112th and John Galt Blvd.

Is that Ameristar in the middle? I know he got it already, just answer the fricking question. I'm not even playing that stupid game. :madash

:lol:

Nope..not it.

Anybody know someone that has one of these? http://www.biggreenegg.com/

I'm going to a free cookout over lunch where they'll be demoing these things.

Two of my neighbors have them. They both swear by them. Myself, I think they're a bit pricey. Like couple hunderd more than I'd want to spend on a grill. My Weber is about half the price, and suits me just fine.

They do a damn fine job smoking food...