*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who are the three women on the right?  I know Kristen Bell on the left, and that's what she wore to the ceremony, but the other three don't look like they're at the same event.

The one on the far right, I think, is Kate Hudson. Not sure about the other 2.

Also, I'm not sure if this was the same event.

0000-1-1.jpg?w=760&ssl=1

Russian man crashes armored personnel carrier into shop to steal booze

www.boingboing.net / XENI JARDIN / 12:53 AM THU JAN 11, 2018

In northern Russia, a man who really wanted some booze drove an armored personnel carrier through a shop window, crashing into the store, then exited his vehicle and climbed through the wreckage to steal a bottle of wine. I know this will shock you, but he was drunk.  LINK 

Heh, guess he was thirsty.  But wine?  :) 

Edited by NUance
  • Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Story time:

(Context: Chicago had some wild thunderstorms last night/this morning)

I'm a deep, deep, DEEP sleeper. I can't ever wake up for anything when I'm out of it. But just by coincidence, I happened to drift awake this morning right before two explosions of the loudest thunder I've ever heard/felt in my entire life.

It scared the s#!t out of me and I LITERALLY, genuinely thought that we were under attack. Like Korea found a way to get nukes over here or something. I looked out my bedroom window and saw an orange tint (I'd later realize was from streetlights) and thought there was at least a 50% chance I had minutes left to live, so I threw pants on to run out onto the back porch and look for any signs of explosions or something, and was ready to call my mom and say goodbye forever.

There's no moral of the story but holy smokes that was terrifying.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Story time:

(Context: Chicago had some wild thunderstorms last night/this morning)

I'm a deep, deep, DEEP sleeper. I can't ever wake up for anything when I'm out of it. But just by coincidence, I happened to drift awake this morning right before two explosions of the loudest thunder I've ever heard/felt in my entire life.

It scared the s#!t out of me and I LITERALLY, genuinely thought that we were under attack. Like Korea found a way to get nukes over here or something. I looked out my bedroom window and saw an orange tint (I'd later realize was from streetlights) and thought there was at least a 50% chance I had minutes left to live, so I threw pants on to run out onto the back porch and look for any signs of explosions or something, and was ready to call my mom and say goodbye forever.

There's no moral of the story but holy smokes that was terrifying.

why put pants on?

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

This was close to a Darwin Award nominee, but thankfully nobody was hurt.

Yikes!  It's mildly alarming that I have something that explosive in my back pocket 16 hours per day.  /shifts in chair to sit on other buttcheek

• 2 weeks later...

DARPA turns drone ship development over to the Navy
Engadget  Mariella Moon,Engadget Thu, Feb 1 8:55 AM CS

DARPA has completed its part in the development of Sea Hunter, a submarine-hunting drone ship that can cross the open seas without a human crew for months at a time. It has officially handed over the ship's development to its project partner, the Office of Naval Research, which has already begun fine-tuning the drone's autonomous features. The Navy has also renamed the drone to Medium Displacement Unmanned Surface Vehicle (MDUSV)... 

LINK 

This is pretty cool.  Next thing, drone commercial container ships.  

• Plus1 1