*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Nebraska duo win $1.47M in Vegas betting competition
Pat Sangimino Dec 31, 2019 Updated 21 hrs ago 

Eric Jensen and Matt Kucera are not professional gamblers, but their love of sports always found them taking part in games of chance.

Still, there's a big difference between playing in a friendly fantasy football league or an office pick 'em challenge and entering a high-stakes NFL betting competition in Las Vegas along with 3,328 others, most of whom consider gambling to be their occupation. 

<snip> 

Jensen and Kucera finished 58-25-2 (69.9%) against the spread. The duo went 5-0 in Week 15 and 4-0-1 in Week 16 to take the contest lead by 1½ points (one point for a win, half-point for a push) going into Sunday's final day of the season.  LINK

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, NUance said:

Nebraska duo win $1.47M in Vegas betting competition
Pat Sangimino Dec 31, 2019 Updated 21 hrs ago 

Eric Jensen and Matt Kucera are not professional gamblers, but their love of sports always found them taking part in games of chance.

Still, there's a big difference between playing in a friendly fantasy football league or an office pick 'em challenge and entering a high-stakes NFL betting competition in Las Vegas along with 3,328 others, most of whom consider gambling to be their occupation. 

<snip> 

Jensen and Kucera finished 58-25-2 (69.9%) against the spread. The duo went 5-0 in Week 15 and 4-0-1 in Week 16 to take the contest lead by 1½ points (one point for a win, half-point for a push) going into Sunday's final day of the season.  LINK

I had wanted to run my own Super Contest for a few years now.  Finally got around to putting it together this year.  We tweaked the payouts a bit - there was a weekly payout plus a pot for the overall champion - but the picks were the same (five games each week ATS).  

The guy who won ours this year was 53-30-2.  Not too far off from what would have won the big pot.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I had wanted to run my own Super Contest for a few years now.  Finally got around to putting it together this year.  We tweaked the payouts a bit - there was a weekly payout plus a pot for the overall champion - but the picks were the same (five games each week ATS).  

The guy who won ours this year was 53-30-2.  Not too far off from what would have won the big pot.

53-30-2.  Wow. That's tremendous.  I'm in a 6-game-per-week pool of about a dozen guys.  College games only, ATS.  Payouts each month.  We have one week left.  The leader is at 64-49.  I'm in second at 63-50.  (I more game this period.)  Since we payout each month the season total doesn't really matter.  It's hosted on www.officefootballpool.com    Last year I was on top with 61-53.  

Friends traded gunshots in bulletproof vests, Arkansas cops say. Then one got mad

A man in Arkansas pleaded guilty to aggravated assault yesterday after he shot his friend while the two were testing a bulletproof vest in March, reports say.

On March 31, Charles Ferris, then 50, was drinking on his back deck with his neighbor Christopher Hicks, 36, when Ferris donned a bulletproof vest and asked Hicks to shoot him, police said, according to 4029.

Hicks obliged and shot Ferris in the upper left corner of his chest with a .22 caliber semi-automatic rifle, according to the outlet. The vest successfully stopped the bullet, but Ferris was left with a red mark on his chest, police say.

Ferris told officials he was “pissed” as he handed over the vest to Hicks, KNWA reported. He then “unloaded the clip into Hicks’ back,” police say. The vest stopped the bullets, according to the outlet.

Later that night Ferris went to the hospital and police were called to investigate, KNWA reported.

Ferris told officials he’d been shot by a man in a white suit while he was protecting “an asset” which he’d been paid $200 to do, 4029 reported.