*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If they taught this in school, I missed it. I had no idea what PEMDAS meant. 

I did not remember/know the acronym, had to look it up. Not sure if it was taught to me that way or not. I think they just drilled the order into our heads without giving us any handy acronym. I knew P was first and that M&D and A&S were equal with M&D taking precedence and then done left to right. Totally forgot about the order for exponents but right after parentheses makes sense.

I still can’t figure out how anyone ends up at 7 tho.

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If they taught this in school, I missed it. I had no idea what PEMDAS meant. 

They taught us a catch phrase in the 90's to remember it - Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I still can’t figure out how anyone ends up at 7 tho.

It has to be a troll job. I've even tried screwing it up and there's no logical way to get 7, unless said person just threw logic out the window and did something random.

FWIW, I don't remember my grade school or high school ever teaching me that it was PE M&D A&S. I just remembered PEMDAS and thought it HAD to go in that order. Wasn't until I got to college and took a calc course there that I learned you could do division before multiplication.

So, me circa 2000 would've gotten a 1. Me circa 2008 would've gotten 9.

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It has to be a troll job. I've even tried screwing it up and there's no logical way to get 7, unless said person just threw logic out the window and did something random.

I finally figured out how they arrived at 7. Whoever did get 7 does not math very well.  They didn’t operate within the parentheses first. They solved the parentheses thus; 2(1+2) becomes 2 + 4

So... 6 / 2 + 4 = 7

There are some algebraic rules that would seemingly allow 2(1+2) to become 2+4. After all 2*3=6 as does 2+4. But you just don’t solve this equation that way because you need to do 1+2 first and then complete the order of operations in the proper order.

• Plus1 1

Lol I remember seeing it trending a couple years back when some guy created a group with as many people named Josh as he could find and gave them coordinates and a date to meet to fight. That day is today and I didn't realize the coordinates were in Nebraska!

I think people actually traveled from out of state too haha.

• Plus1 1

On 4/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, Omaha-Husker said:

Lol I remember seeing it trending a couple years back when some guy created a group with as many people named Josh as he could find and gave them coordinates and a date to meet to fight. That day is today and I didn't realize the coordinates were in Nebraska!

I think people actually traveled from out of state too haha.

We drove through this but didn't stop. Not ready to be inside a large crowd yet.

There were about 2,000 people there by my guess. Tons of folks were still arriving at noon. Seemed like everyone had a good time. Not bad for some offbeat internet joke. 

They raised over $9,000 for charity, and filled four cars with food donated to the Food Bank. 

screenshot-106.jpg?fit=1&resize=620,4000

Bomb squad called in after jogger finds "hand grenade"

By DAVID PESCOVITZ  9:35 AM WED APR 28, 2021

In Passau, Germany, a jogger noticed a clear plastic bag containing a hand grenade. Police brought in the bomb squad who determined that the grenade was actually a rubber sex toy.   LINK

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's bonkers. Everyone has this image. Nothing she could have sold would be worth half a million dollars more than this original pic. 

I'm still figuring out how these NFT's work. But $500k for that is insane