*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

• 2 weeks later...

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

As if I needed another reason to dislike Duke:  their players apparently like to make s#!t up, cause a big fuss and it turns out to be completely fabricated.

But good thing South Carolina proactively cancelled games against BYU.

I mean, the other side is: Cult religious school investigates self, finds no wrongdoing lol 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

As if I needed another reason to dislike Duke:  their players apparently like to make s#!t up, cause a big fuss and it turns out to be completely fabricated.

But good thing South Carolina proactively cancelled games against BYU.

If this statement from BYU is accurate, it sounds like about as thorough an investigation as they could have reasonably done...but there is a big difference between not being able to find sufficient corroborating evidence, and your claim that Duke was "making s#!t up" or that it was "completely fabricated." 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Ulty said:

If this statement from BYU is accurate, it sounds like about as thorough an investigation as they could have reasonably done...but there is a big difference between not being able to find sufficient corroborating evidence, and your claim that Duke was "making s#!t up" or that it was "completely fabricated." 

Did you read about the actual investigation?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Did you read about the actual investigation?

Yes, I read the link that you posted and a few other articles. I also know how these sorts of investigations work. My statement remains.

What evidence do you have that the allegations are completely fabricated?

• Plus1 2

The absence of evidence is not proof of fabrication.

Edit to add, this could easily be a Lewis Brinson situation, where it sure seemed like a Rockies fan was yelling the N word at Brinson while he was at bat... until we realized he was shouting at Dinger, the Rockies' mascot.

Just because they didn't find evidence doesn't mean she lied. She may think that's what she heard. She may be right, she may be mistaken, and she may be lying. We have no evidence to prove any of this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The absence of evidence is not proof of fabrication.

Edit to add, this could easily be a Lewis Brinson situation, where it sure seemed like a Rockies fan was yelling the N word at Brinson while he was at bat... until we realized he was shouting at Dinger, the Rockies' mascot.

Just because they didn't find evidence doesn't mean she lied. She may think that's what she heard. She may be right, she may be mistaken, and she may be lying. We have no evidence to prove any of this.

I actually think this is probably what happened.  She thought she heard something that didn't happen.

But considering almost no one else around seemed to have heard it (at least outside the team, I haven't seen anything one way or the other from other team members), it would have been handy if it could have been checked out a little bit more before she's on Good Morning America talking about it and other teams are cancelling games because of something that (likely) never happened.