What Did We Learn

walksalone

Before the kick return by Idaho state becomes a completely over blown irrelevant issue, an attempt must be made to leave the endzone.. There was no attempt whatsoever. Moot issue

You mean the end zone?

I also learned that Charles Jackson could've knocked that TD pass by Idaho St. away.

The one guy that just set the ball down was an up man and was no where near the end zone or endzone. It looked like it should have been a fumble to me, I didn't see any sort of fair catch sign. It doesn't really matter but the refs did a pretty poor job all around I thought.

^^^^Agreed.

Also, even though this was Idaho State...Our most consistent offensive play is the power toss. It seems to have replaced the majority of Taylor's option game, and is 300% more effective.

It has looked good against every other opponent we've faced so far also. Let's hope we run it a lot against the vaginas. Badgers. I meant badgers.

^^^^Agreed.

Also, even though this was Idaho State...Our most consistent offensive play is the power toss. It seems to have replaced the majority of Taylor's option game, and is 300% more effective.

It has looked good against every other opponent we've faced so far also. Let's hope we run it a lot against the vaginas. Badgers. I meant badgers.

Complete agree. That toss sweep is dangerous and our OL does so well getting out in front and finding someone to hit.

After rewatching the first quarter, I learned Taylor had a lot of open receivers he didn't even seem to notice. :hmmph

I think that one time he took a shot at the end zone into DC, he had a guy (Reed?) in single coverage in the middle of the field.

I LOVE that we are replacing the option, by the way. Love those pulling guards, too. That's some old school Nebraska running, isn't it?

What I learned today...

Nothing of any relevance as far as us goes.

1. Bob Stoops is passed his prime. Superior talent and that only is keeping his job in Norman. I've been sensing this for a few years now, but now I have the balls enough to say it aloud.

5. Kansas St. might acutally be "here" (their program does not qualify for "back", you cant return to where you never were)

I wouldn't read into either of these very much. Kansas State has had Oklahoma's number for years. Even when they are a marginal team.

What I learned today...

1. Bob Stoops is passed his prime. Superior talent and that only is keeping his job in Norman. I've been sensing this for a few years now, but now I have the balls enough to say it aloud.

5. Kansas St. might acutally be "here" (their program does not qualify for "back", you cant return to where you never were)

I wouldn't read into either of these very much. Kansas State has had Oklahoma's number for years. Even when they are a marginal team.

kstate has had Texas's number. not sure they've done much against oklahoma in the last decade w/ the exception of last 90's, early 00's.

What I learned today...

kstate has had Texas's number. not sure they've done much against oklahoma in the last decade w/ the exception of last 90's, early 00's.

Thank You

Kansas St, I think I heard on tv, is now 2-8 against OU with Stoops at the helm.

I just saw Stoops get completely outcoached, but it seems to be happening with regularity the last couple years. I think the talent he has access to has been covering up a lot over the last few years.

No coach wins without talent. Bob Stoops is a national championship coach! Some down years in talent is just cyclical. It happens to the best of 'em, because nobody stays on top forever.

You'd think with everything he's accomplished at Oklahoma - especially with how he took a program that was down in the dumps (remember how we were hanging 73 on them in the late 90s?) and restored it to its former glory - he'd get cut some slack.

After rewatching the first quarter, I learned Taylor had a lot of open receivers he didn't even seem to notice. :hmmph

I think that one time he took a shot at the end zone into DC, he had a guy (Reed?) in single coverage in the middle of the field.

I LOVE that we are replacing the option, by the way. Love those pulling guards, too. That's some old school Nebraska running, isn't it?

Yep, I think so. On those two sacks he took, he had some open guys with enough time to get the ball out.

And yeah, love how the running game is coming together. I think we're built to be a "run to set up the play action pass" kind of team.