Wisconsin

Yikes I wish we wernt favored so much

Unless the Badgers suddenly and dramatically improve on offense, 12 points sounds about right to me. The Badger defense has been better than I expected, but we've truly been woeful at times on the other side of the ball. And we're dinged on on the defensive line to make matters worse.

Even if the Badgers had lived up to expectations, I'm sure many of us figured the night game in Lincoln was going to be a real tough game to win.

I hope we keep it close, continue to show some improvement, and move on.

One observation, though, is that White and Gordon are very good. Losing Montee Ball is probably not all that costly. It's the one position where we have lots of depth.

A downfall might be that we won't know if Montee is playing until Friday. Bielma is notorious for keeping info secret and trying to get any cheap advantage, kind of like not sending Oregon state film of their first game because Oregons state game got postponed, looks like it didn't matter, but in any case I don't think it will change our gameplay much, James white is a good rb as well

It doesn't matter that much. The Badger O-line is a work in progress at best, we're starting an RS frosh who really has only one reliable receiver, the players are still learning the new coaching staff's offense, and Gordon and White would probably start for anybody else in the conference, anyway.

In other words, our offense would struggle equally with Ball at 100%. You guys have a pretty good shot at getting a dose of revenge from last year.

That said, the Badgers did show some improvement on Saturday, but still.....

I hope we just take our time, study lots of film and really prepare for the game. I still have visions of that game between us and Texas. How we got overly excited about that game and we all know how that turned out! Play OUR game. Take care of OUR plays. (But I do hope we beat the crap out of them!! ;) GO BIG RED!!!

this is prossibly the only good thing about losing to UCLA. We were already humbled.

what scares me about W is that they have been a little down this year, so this game could be one for them to really tighten things up and make a statement of their own. this could be a "we turned our season around" game for them.

it seems like when we play teams in this position it can bite us.

i hope we jump on em early so our D doesn't have to be on the field much.

we'll be awfully tough at home and I hope we just play our game, not the hyped game of revenge or uniforms or whatever.

what scares me about W is that they have been a little down this year, so this game could be one for them to really tighten things up and make a statement of their own. this could be a "we turned our season around" game for them.

it seems like when we play teams in this position it can bite us.

This.

I feel Wiscy will try to use some things on offense to get the D out of position, i.e, end arounds and play action, so I really hope the they play with discipline. The D must get Stave in 3rd and long situations. Additionally I really, really hope Beck can attack Wiscy on perimeter with our speed this year. I'm still a little perplexed that our offense let them off the hook last year.

A downfall might be that we won't know if Montee is playing until Friday. Bielma is notorious for keeping info secret and trying to get any cheap advantage, kind of like not sending Oregon state film of their first game because Oregons state game got postponed, looks like it didn't matter, but in any case I don't think it will change our gameplay much, James white is a good rb as well

It doesn't matter that much. The Badger O-line is a work in progress at best, we're starting an RS frosh who really has only one reliable receiver, the players are still learning the new coaching staff's offense, and Gordon and White would probably start for anybody else in the conference, anyway.

In other words, our offense would struggle equally with Ball at 100%. You guys have a pretty good shot at getting a dose of revenge from last year.

That said, the Badgers did show some improvement on Saturday, but still.....

White's quicks could give us real problems. Our tackling the last two games has been better after the utter abomination against UCLA. Remains to be seen what happens against this level of rb. I expect some creative playcalling with efforts to overload the match zones and get players into space where we have to make tough tackles. Don't think your line is where it needs to be to really go traditional smashmouth Wiscy O on us consistently.

Should be an interesting game and tell us a lot about our teams.

Posted: 9/16/2012 12:24 PM

RE: Nebraska game and B1G

Nebraska is not "tough to stop" they are eerily similar to Utah sts O with keeton.

Lots of outside handoffs, pitches,and zone reads.

We stopped it last year we will stop it this year.

If u haven't noticed yet. UW's rush D is fantastic.

I don't see Nebraska getting over 150 yards as a team.

The offense is the problem right now.

But I see our runnning game improving against UTEP and

Getting after that crapy front 7 from Nebraska in Lincoln.

Can't wait.

I was lurking on a Wisky board and came across this.

I think we might be able to run the ball better than this gentleman envisioned. If we are held to less than 150 yards rushing, we're hosed.

Interesting take on whats to come...

Posted: 9/16/2012 12:24 PM

RE: Nebraska game and B1G

Nebraska is not "tough to stop" they are eerily similar to Utah sts O with keeton.

Lots of outside handoffs, pitches,and zone reads.

We stopped it last year we will stop it this year.

If u haven't noticed yet. UW's rush D is fantastic.

I don't see Nebraska getting over 150 yards as a team.

The offense is the problem right now.

But I see our runnning game improving against UTEP and

Getting after that crapy front 7 from Nebraska in Lincoln.

Can't wait.

I was lurking on a Wisky board and came across this.

I think we might be able to run the ball better than this gentleman envisioned. If we are held to less than 150 yards rushing, we're hosed.

Interesting take on whats to come...

:facepalm:

If we only rush for 150 yards, it's because they load the box and Taylor goes 30/40 for 320 and 4 scores, and maybe a pick.

I seriously see the offense right now as too multiple-the original idea behind the spread up tempo-to be slowed on a consistent basis by any defense in the big 10. We may not rush for a but load, but we're doing too many things well right now that something else would rise to the top.

Defense is still a question to me. Have not seen enough last two games to say anything. We will know by the end of the first quarter saturday night what kind of season it's going to be.