::More Bulletin Board Material....Bring it on Ohio St.::

Make no mistake, it's gonna be tough to run on tOSU. Johnathan Hankins and John Simon are both NFL caliber--Hankins at DT and Simon at DE. Hankins might be the best DT in the country right now.

It's a good thing we're a passing team. :P

Rex > Leveon

NU OL >> MSU OL

Martinez can run and throw

Yep, I'm sure NU's looking at that tape thinking, "Man, tOSU is SCARY good run defense."

forget those comparisons.. the one that matters is NU WR's >>>>>>>>>>>> MSU WR's

OSU didn't have to worry about a pass game against MSU, they could load up 8-9 in the box and focus on Bell.

That ain't working against us. Besides MSU can't run outside and has no screen game, so sure OSU can tackle a guy like Bell in traffic up the middle, they have yet to show that they can tackle anyone in space. We have plenty of guys that like space.

Just throwing this out there.

Nebraska currently ranks #1 in the Big Ten when it comes to tackles for loss (43 for the year). Averaging 8.6 TFL per game.

Ohio St. ranks last in the Big Ten with only 20 tackles for loss and they average 4 TFL per game.

Wisconsin's rush defense was statistically very strong too...

Ohio State's rush defense was statistically very strong last year too...

Results? 200+ yards on the ground each time.

The Buckeye's have a good, solid defense. But pretending that Bell was unstoppable after watching him struggle against Central Michigan and Notre Dame, and "running over" poor defenses like Eastern Michigan and Boise State is nothing like going up against a better offensive line, a three-to-five headed rushing attack, a QB who can throw, and WRs who can catch.

It'll be tough to run on them, but this is a game I'm hoping Beck uses Taylor passing to open up the ground game.

I'm more concerned about our ability to limit Braxton Mille, not our offense's inability to move the football.

Don't ever remember this much trash talk in the Big XII, though maybe my memory fails me. I really don't care what anyone says; it should have no effect on the game's outcome. Pretty dumb look to call out the #5 rushing offense in the nation like that though.

I hope Nebraska looks at this tape and realizes they can't run on us,OSU defensive end Nathan Williams told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer

This why you put a muzzle on players. Dumb statement. :facepalm:

But then on the other hand the next sentence was a compliment.

We know how good Nebraska is," Shazier said. "But I feel our defense can match up with any team
I hope Nebraska looks at this tape and realizes they can't run on us,OSU defensive end Nathan Williams told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer

This why you put a muzzle on players. Dumb statement.

Yep. Glad it's your guys talking instead of ours. I can't remember a single game that NU players did some talking before hand and anything good came of it.

Love the confidence.

We will see what happens on Saturday night but I love that these guys feel they are the Silver Bullets again after 4 mediocre performances.

This won't give Nebraska "Bulletin Board material" because they are already jacked for this game to begin with.

Hankins wanted to "Rip Le'Veon Bell's head off" this past Saturday and Williams doesn't think they can run. Maybe they can, maybe they can't

anyone know what type of gap assignment their dline uses? I havent been able to watch one of thier games yet. 2 gap? 1gap? hybrid? do they stunt much with their dline? i am guessing they run a 4-3?

We don't have the Linebackers to run a 3-4.

The best athletes on the D are Christian Bryant and Ryan Shazier.

The First round pick is Johnathan Hankins. John Simon is the heart and soul.

The Linebackers are weak. The Dline is the Strength. The Safeties are fine, The corners are ok.