::More Bulletin Board Material....Bring it on Ohio St.::

I still give OSU the edge at night in the shoe but the MSU game hardly proves they can stop our run game. MSU certainly has a solid run-game, but nothing special. Yes Bell put-up some gawdy numbers but said numbers required a crap-ton of carries. We run considerably more effectively than MSU and we actually have a credible passing attack. Now if we just had MSU's defense.

I still give OSU the edge at night in the shoe but the MSU game hardly proves they can stop our run game. MSU certainly has a solid run-game, but nothing special. Yes Bell put-up some gawdy numbers but said numbers required a crap-ton of carries. We run considerably more effectively than MSU and we actually have a credible passing attack. Now if we just had MSU's defense.

Pretty much on the money...

In the beginning, the shoe will be rocking, they'll stuff a couple runs, and that will get everone pumped up. But the fact we've got 3 kids we can give the ball to, and that they're just going to keep on coming. They'd better be really deep in the front 7, because I think if we keep hitting them in the mouth, they'll buckle...

As long as Beck's brain doesn't fall out of his ass, and keeps running the ball.

I am really excited to see if they will try to run more of the diamond formation with Rex, AA, and Heard. I think this would be a good wrinkle to throw in the run game to keep them a little off balanced. Ohio St. will be tough on D regardless of their ranking, and the Oline will have to be able to hold their own for four quartes. Also, if we start out the way we did last year or against Wisky this year we will have no shot at winning this game in the shoe. If we play an all around good game for four quaters we will have a chance. Miller will get his yards for sure. we will nedd to be able to stop him a few times, and hopefully get a couple TO's. Their O is tough and will be a BIG challenge for our Defense.

OSU played 1-4 Cal a few weeks ago and Cal put up 28 points and 512 yards of offense in Columbus. Ohio State put 8 and 9 in the box to stop MSU's running but if they do that against us I think it will bite them in the butt. They may get pressure on Taylor but a few wide screens and passes to the tight ends should loosen them up. Hopefully we present more problems offensively than either Cal or MSU.

Statistically, Wisconsin had a very good run defense too.

Exactly. Before the game:

Wisconsin Defensive Ranks 9/1/12 - 9/29/12

Statistic - National Rank (yards/points per game)

Rushing Defense - 13th (81)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 63rd (132)

Total Defense - 31st (326)

Scoring Defense - 33rd (18)

After the game:

Wisconsin Defensive Ranks as of 9/30/12

Rushing Defense - 31st (116)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 59th (127)

Total Defense - 39th (349)

Scoring Defense - 34th (20)

So, we raised their numbers thusly:

Rushing Defense: -18 spots nationally (+35yards per game)

Pass Efficiency Defense: +2 spots nationally (-5 yards per game)

Total Defense: -8 spots nationally (+23 yards per game)

Scoring defense: -1 spot nationally (+2 points per game)

That's taking it on the chin a little bit. There was some boasting prior to this game that Nebraska had decent stats so far this year, but we hadn't seen a Big Ten defense yet. But we have - we saw them all a year ago. And we figured a couple of things out, apparently.

It wasn't Nebraska's defense sucking wind at the end of that game. It wasn't Nebraska's defense getting gashed for five yards per carry at the end of that game.

Statistically, Wisconsin had a very good run defense too.

Exactly. Before the game:

Wisconsin Defensive Ranks 9/1/12 - 9/29/12

Rushing Defense - 13th (81)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 63rd (132)

Total Defense - 31st (326)

Scoring Defense - 33rd (18)

After the game:

Wisconsin Defensive Ranks as of 9/30/12

Rushing Defense - 31st (116)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 59th (127)

Total Defense - 39th (349)

Scoring Defense - 34th (20)

So, we raised their numbers thusly:

Rushing Defense: -18 spots nationally (+35yards per game)

Pass Efficiency Defense: +2 spots nationally (-5 yards per game)

Total Defense: -8 spots nationally (+23 yards per game)

Scoring defense: -1 spot nationally (+2 points per game)

That's taking it on the chin a little bit. There was some boasting prior to this game that Nebraska had decent stats so far this year, but we hadn't seen a Big Ten defense yet. But we have - we saw them all a year ago. And we figured a couple of things out, apparently.

It wasn't Nebraska's defense sucking wind at the end of that game. It wasn't Nebraska's defense getting gashed for five yards per carry at the end of that game.

Good stuff and good points.

Actually , I expect us to pass a decent amount. They don't have a very good pass defense.

Pretty much on the money...

In the beginning, the shoe will be rocking, they'll stuff a couple runs, and that will get everone pumped up. But the fact we've got 3 kids we can give the ball to, and that they're just going to keep on coming. They'd better be really deep in the front 7, because I think if we keep hitting them in the mouth, they'll buckle...

As long as Beck's brain doesn't fall out of his ass, and keeps running the ball.