Why didn't we on challenge Quicy's catch?

MLB 51

I don't think Bo wants to get a grass stain on his little red flag. I can't remember him ever throwing it.

No red flags in NCAA, only NFL. Also we had already used the one challenge on the Ball touchdown in the first half, so Bo was out. Supposedly, each play in a college football game is reviewed, but I'm not sure why they didn't review that one during a brief timeout. I thought in the stadium that it was incomplete. Watching a replay on TV last night, I thought it was probably a catch. QE caught it and reached out to try to get to the end zone, and the ball popped out when it hit the ground, although he was clearly down before.

"Once per game, each head coach may also call a timeout and challenge the ruling on the previous play before the next play starts. A coach must have at least one timeout remaining in order to challenge (teams receive three timeouts per half). If the challenge is successful and the on-field ruling is overturned, the team keeps its timeout and is allowed only one more challenge. If unsuccessful, the team loses its timeout and is allowed no more challenges."

Bo did not challange the Ball TD. It was an offical review.

I don't know why this rule is applied to receivers in a way it's never applied to other ball carriers. There are a few of these calls every year in the NFL, too, most notably negating touchdown catches. The announcers typically hate the call. The fans typically hate the call. Even if Quincy had been a Wisconsin player I would have hated the call (while being grateful for the outcome, of course).

If a quarterback can extend the ball to the pylon and score a touchdown, even as he loses the ball a split second later, then a receiver who has clear possession upon his knee being down has a completion on the spot.

No idea why both the NCAA and NFL insist on this rule that looks wrong to the eye of every fan, coach and player.

I don't know why this rule is applied to receivers in a way it's never applied to other ball carriers. There are a few of these calls every year in the NFL, too, most notably negating touchdown catches. The announcers typically hate the call. The fans typically hate the call. Even if Quincy had been a Wisconsin player I would have hated the call (while being grateful for the outcome, of course).

If a quarterback can extend the ball to the pylon and score a touchdown, even as he loses the ball a split second later, then a receiver who has clear possession upon his knee being down has a completion on the spot.

No idea why both the NCAA and NFL insist on this rule that looks wrong to the eye of every fan, coach and player.

just playing devil's advocate, but maybe it is to make it easier on the refs? give them a little more discretion. i mean, what the hell is a 'football move'?

bone-head move by Enunwa. catch the ball and secure it. Coachable moment. One of many in this game. Too much at

stake there to not catch the ball and go down at the 1 or 2. first and goal and then take the lead with Rex or Ameer.

he reaches a lot. i know it is a game of inches, but it is not worth losing the ball in those situations. last play or fourth down, go all out. but he seems to reach every time he touches the ball. i like the attitude, but it is not very practical.