Huskers v Sooners coming soon?

If you don't understand that there were major issues with the Big XII that caused us to leave other than competitiveness, then you have simply either chosen to ignore them or weren't anywhere around when it happened.

Exactly. Those who think that the move to the Big 10 was all about winning more football games a year are so ignorant to the real world they shouldnt even be allowed to breath. In fact, football competitiveness was probably the very VERY last thing on the list of reasons. And I dont even know why I'm commenting on this right now.

We all know exactly why we left the Big XII, the same reason the student section was crapped on, the same reason the fan base was even more split during it's upheaval during the Solich/Callahan/ and now Bo years using Golf events and statements that were meant to entice the split. We get it, poor Tom was bullied at the Big XII inception and didn't get his way as a Div1 coach ( that liked to play AD as well in picking Solich)

All we really had to do is play competent football and nothing the Big XII did would matter, sort of like beating Miami in Miami. Jerry Jones land was the obvious venue, why are we not concerned with Indy all of a sudden? Didn't seem to matter when we played the inaugural Big XII Championship game I attended in 96 in a dome in dowtown St. Louis

lmao, now I know where this person came from.. This poster is from the BigRedBoard.. The golf event gave it away. They went NUTS over the 2 golf events and didn't have very nice things to say about TO

Seriously? This is a serious question. Are you a K State fan? I know you keep saying you are a Nebraska fan but I have a hard time believing it or what you are saying.

On the topic, I really don't care to renew a rivalry with OU. It would be ok to play them, but I won't lose any sleep if we don't. I would like to change it up and see more of like Stanford, Oregan, ND, or Florida St. with many others, but my point is we are in a new conference and have new teams for a rivalry to take place. I still would like to see one tough Non-con that could go either way W-L.

Well my first season tickets were purchased in 1970 and held until 97, when I moved away from Lincoln. If you search my posts you will see that I announced Tom Osbornes retirement weeks ago in a post, well before the media was " allowed" to be privy to such info. It's laughable for someone to question my "fandom" with my connections to Husker football but then again I don't lock step to BS because someone won a couple National Championships ( or at least the staff did) then proceeded to preserve their legacy by assuring the Huskers mediocrity. I call um like I see them and I have seen a lot in my 50+ years of following the Cornhuskers .

Seriously? This is a serious question. Are you a K State fan? I know you keep saying you are a Nebraska fan but I have a hard time believing it or what you are saying.

On the topic, I really don't care to renew a rivalry with OU. It would be ok to play them, but I won't lose any sleep if we don't. I would like to change it up and see more of like Stanford, Oregan, ND, or Florida St. with many others, but my point is we are in a new conference and have new teams for a rivalry to take place. I still would like to see one tough Non-con that could go either way W-L.

Well my first season tickets were purchased in 1970 and held until 97, when I moved away from Lincoln. If you search my posts you will see that I announced Tom Osbornes retirement weeks ago in a post, well before the media was " allowed" to be privy to such info. It's laughable for someone to question my "fandom" with my connections to Husker football but then again I don't lock step to BS because someone won a couple National Championships ( or at least the staff did) then proceeded to preserve their legacy by assuring the Huskers mediocrity. I call um like I see them and I have seen a lot in my 50+ years of following the Cornhuskers .

I think you just crossed line. Let's put this into quick and simple terms. You are accusing Osborne of doing thing seemingly detrimental to the program in order to lower its relevancy in order to preserve his legacy? Oh my. Them are flat-out fightin words right there. This threads gonna have to get moved to the shed shortly I think.

Sorry if you don't remember how history happened. But, this was reported extensively when it happened.

When the Big XII was formed Nebraska wanted to keep the annual game with OU. OU said thanks but no thanks because they didn't want to have to beat both Texas and Nebraska every year. Which was stupid because they played them both every year along with OSU for decades before. The fact is, we were dominating everyone during that time and they wanted the easier way to a winning season.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=203&articleid=20101203_203_B1_MUCHIS886529

One has to wonder what would have happened if Oklahoma and Nebraska had pushed to continue the rivalry when the Big 12 was formed.

There was talk of even continuing as a nonconference game during the years when OU and Nebraska were not scheduled to play a league game.

To be honest, that would not have been fair to OU or Nebraska. In an era of super conferences, most schools are not looking to toughen up the nonconference schedule.

Oklahoma already had a terrific rivalry with Texas and an in-state rivalry with OSU that made its Big 12 South Division schedule difficult.

Plus, the South was loaded with potentially tough games, including Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

The last thing the Sooners needed was another difficult game with a Big 12 member.

So, it is believed by most, that Oklahoma was more willing to let go of the rivalry.

I think you just crossed line. Let's put this into quick and simple terms. You are accusing Osborne of doing thing seemingly detrimental to the program in order to lower its relevancy in order to preserve his legacy? Oh my. Them are flat-out fightin words right there. This threads gonna have to get moved to the shed shortly I think.

NOW you see what the BigRedBoard is like, they blame TO for everything. They are "seriously" screwed in the head.

NOW you see what the BigRedBoard is like, they blame TO for everything. They are "seriously" screwed in the head.

Well that kind of slander and blasphemy is just insane.

I wouldn't mind playing Oklahoma a couple times, but not on a consistent basis. We need the games in CA, TX, and FL to appeal to recruits nationally and get our coaches out to those states during the season. Also, if we can play in those states recruits are able to get to the game and view Husker Nation's support for the team.

Well that kind of slander and blasphemy is just insane.

haha, they have a hidden football forum so people going over to check it out can't see it.. That is where the good stuff is, good stuff as in batcrap crazy posts.