Aaron Green

It would be tough for any kid to go from 5* to 4th string. Hope he finds what he's looking for...

That is why I am not a fan of rating kids before they even play at college level. They think because ESPN, Rivals, scout or 24/7 rates them as a 4 or 5 star, they automatically deserve to be a starter. Green did what he had to do, transfer, and he didn't make a big deal out of it, which I commend him for. Great kid, with a stellar attitude, who wants to see play time. Unfortunately, he just had 3 other IB's that were competing better.

Aaron Green's talent leve shouldn't be questioned here. Coach Ron Brown works very diligently with all of his running backs. I saw qualities of greatness from Aaron Green a year ago -- especially that nice one-handed grab and tight rope run to the corner of the endzone of a touchdown catch against Washington.

Mistake #1 for Aaron Green: He didn't hang around. Even if you do slide down a depth chart of pretty talented performers, that gives a talented running back no true reason to exit. Running backs are competitive -- or atleast they are supposed to be. If talent exists around Green, then he's just supposed to work that much harder. Fact of knowing he has competition is supposed to be a blessing when Nebraska runs into a very physical defense that wears at a team's running backs.

Additionally running backs are always going down to nagging injuries like sprained ankles and other leg injuries (reference LSU's Alfred Blue). He had a home at NU -- which has an established running back tradition that could have carried him to the next level.

Basically, Green pulled off an Esau by not valuing his scholarship with Nebraska. He sold his birthright. He should have stayed put.

Nebraska is a powerhouse football program by definition. TCU has had some success recently, but there is no guarantee of that holding up in the future.

Aaron Green's talent leve shouldn't be questioned here. Coach Ron Brown works very diligently with all of his running backs. I saw qualities of greatness from Aaron Green a year ago -- especially that nice one-handed grab and tight rope run to the corner of the endzone of a touchdown catch against Washington.

Mistake #1 for Aaron Green: He didn't hang around. Even if you do slide down a depth chart of pretty talented performers, that gives a talented running back no true reason to exit. Running backs are competitive -- or atleast they are supposed to be. If talent exists around Green, then he's just supposed to work that much harder. Fact of knowing he has competition is supposed to be a blessing when Nebraska runs into a very physical defense that wears at a team's running backs.

Additionally running backs are always going down to nagging injuries like sprained ankles and other leg injuries (reference LSU's Alfred Blue). He had a home at NU -- which has an established running back tradition that could have carried him to the next level.

Basically, Green pulled off an Esau by not valuing his scholarship with Nebraska. He sold his birthright. He should have stayed put.

Nebraska is a powerhouse football program by definition. TCU has had some success recently, but there is no guarantee of that holding up in the future.

I don't think that anyone is questioning his talent. I think it's more an issue of a crowded (and talented!) depth chart and homesickness.

Can't we take the young man at his word that he wanted to be closer to home! Wasn't a bad kid. I don't know why people think he's selfish.

Did anyone in this thread say that he was selfish or a bad kid? :dunno

Was said in his leaving thread about being selfish. Saying he wasn't a bad kid isn't saying someone said he was!

Correct. And he was different than his brother. Aaron didn't care for Lincoln as a city that much. Overall he just wasn't happy in Lincoln. He liked the idea of being a star and know because of football but didn't like it that everyone on the team was a star and even a walk on from tim buck two got as much credit for being on the team as he was.

Correct. And he was different than his brother. Aaron didn't care for Lincoln as a city that much. Overall he just wasn't happy in Lincoln. He liked the idea of being a star and know because of football but didn't like it that everyone on the team was a star and even a walk on from tim buck two got as much credit for being on the team as he was.

Sounds right. Didn't like Lincoln and hard to stand out around talented players.

Just agreeing with RedRedJarvisRedwhine on here about Aaron Green.

And for all of those that keep harping on Green's five star status, Nebraska has had several 5-star guys do quite fine in the system. Can anyone remember 5-star recruit running backs Ahman Green, Calvin Jones, and Lawrence Phillips?

They were very successful in the college ranks if I'm right....? Now, I'm not discussing their NFL careers.

I remember how Calvin Jones took a trip in early December 1992 to face Kansas in Japan in the regular season finale and suffered a bad knee injury that forwever changed Jones as a runner. I remember how he came back the next season (1993) and played with a big knee brace -- and wasn't the same.

Jones played as a backup RB for Green Bay for about three seasons and was done.