Aaron Green

Just agreeing with RedRedJarvisRedwhine on here about Aaron Green.

And for all of those that keep harping on Green's five star status, Nebraska has had several 5-star guys do quite fine in the system. Can anyone remember 5-star recruit running backs Ahman Green, Calvin Jones, and Lawrence Phillips?

They were very successful in the college ranks if I'm right....? Now, I'm not discussing their NFL careers.

I remember how Calvin Jones took a trip in early December 1992 to face Kansas in Japan in the regular season finale and suffered a bad knee injury that forwever changed Jones as a runner. I remember how he came back the next season (1993) and played with a big knee brace -- and wasn't the same.

Jones played as a backup RB for Green Bay for about three seasons and was done.

Ahman Green is the leading rusher in Green Bay Packer history. He had a good NFL career.

Just agreeing with RedRedJarvisRedwhine on here about Aaron Green.

And for all of those that keep harping on Green's five star status, Nebraska has had several 5-star guys do quite fine in the system. Can anyone remember 5-star recruit running backs Ahman Green, Calvin Jones, and Lawrence Phillips?

They were very successful in the college ranks if I'm right....? Now, I'm not discussing their NFL careers.

I remember how Calvin Jones took a trip in early December 1992 to face Kansas in Japan in the regular season finale and suffered a bad knee injury that forwever changed Jones as a runner. I remember how he came back the next season (1993) and played with a big knee brace -- and wasn't the same.

Jones played as a backup RB for Green Bay for about three seasons and was done.

Marlon Lucky says you're a jerk for omitting him.

Can't we take the young man at his word that he wanted to be closer to home! Wasn't a bad kid. I don't know why people think he's selfish.

Did anyone in this thread say that he was selfish or a bad kid? :dunno

Was said in his leaving thread about being selfish. Saying he wasn't a bad kid isn't saying someone said he was!

Correct. And he was different than his brother. Aaron didn't care for Lincoln as a city that much. Overall he just wasn't happy in Lincoln. He liked the idea of being a star and know because of football but didn't like it that everyone on the team was a star and even a walk on from tim buck two got as much credit for being on the team as he was.

Read that and just had to laugh. Literally LOL'd

With being thankful for how things are going for our current running back corps, I must say I am intrigued by true frosh Imani Cross. He's done what I have advertised to many of my Georgia-based athletes that I know from my hometown state in the Southeast. Imani is from Gwinnett County which is real close to where I used to live while I was in Metro Atlanta for a four year period two years ago.

Imani made the wise decision to go to Nebraska. Other kids that I've known have had opportunities presented such as LaFayette High's James Spates to attend school at Nebraska --- and then for whatever reason, they blow that opportunity.

To me, it's a relief, sigh of relief to see one such running back from nearby Gainesville, Georgia make the common sense move to travel off to Nebraska. I am so proud for Imani.

So far, Imani has 228 rushing yards in 30 carries including a 44 yard run and two scores. He's frame is full at 6-1, 225 pounds. He's been clocked at a 4.53 in the 40.

Imani Cross reminds me of former Nebraska running back, Collins, Mississippi product Correll Buckhalter. Buckhalter was awesome! I always liked Buckhalter during the days of Scott Frost and Eric Crouch. He just ran over people.

I hope Cross can get worked back into the rotation for the Ohio State game as he had no carries against Wiscy. However, he is a true freshman, so I can understand the coaching staff for going with upperclassmen only--- especially with the way Ameer Abdullah and Rex Burkhead are picking up the yards at such a rapid pace.