Where To Watch (kid friendly) in Overland Park???

cmb23

Curious if anyone had or knew of good, fun, loud, enthusiastic HUSKER watch sites in or near Overland Park? We are going for the weekend (Chiefs game for son's 11th bday), but want to take them to a good place for the game Saturday night. Needs to be kid friendly, but that doesn't mean no beer, no craziness, no fun...just that they are welcome to stay throughout the game and that doesn't include topless dancers (yet...that will be 18th birthday). Thanks!

Callahans in Lenexa is a great Husker bar. It is kid friendly and a good environment.

It is on the south side of 87th St. between Pflumm and Quivira. Depending on where you are in OP, it's only 5-10 minutes.

Oh...I'll skip the temptation to make a comment about watching a big Husker game at a place called Callahan's!!! I'll have to check where that is from where we are staying. Thanks for the location.

callahans is the place to be if you want a nebraska crowd. You will need to get there early though. depending on where you are staying, i assume either 95th and I35 or I435 and metcalf, 810zone does do a good job of having husker games on usually (119th and nall), also there is a new coaches at 135th and antioch that has an upstairs patio outside, depending on weather. the biggest problem you will have is that the Ksux and KU game is before the Husker game so places will be packed.

good luck

went to the the 810 zone on the Plaza last year and the upstairs level was all Huskers, lots of kids.

it't gone. being remodeled into a winery themed restaraunt. gran faloon still the place to watch if you're on the Plaza.

Curious if anyone had or knew of good, fun, loud, enthusiastic HUSKER watch sites in or near Overland Park? We are going for the weekend (Chiefs game for son's 11th bday), but want to take them to a good place for the game Saturday night. Needs to be kid friendly, but that doesn't mean no beer, no craziness, no fun...just that they are welcome to stay throughout the game and that doesn't include topless dancers (yet...that will be 18th birthday). Thanks!

If you're already at the Chiefs game you might just be able to swing over to Minsky's in the River Market. Far more family friendly. I'll be at Callahan's on 87th. Only game I haven't watched there is the UCLA game, and you know how that went - so I bought a new shirt and am determined to watch every game at Callahan's because we haven't lost when I've watched there in a few years. It's one of the better places in town. However, if you're looking for something that is "kid friendly" keep in mind that this is a night game. So while Callahan's is kid-friendly at 4:00, by 9:00 it's going to get a little rowdy. Get there by 5:30 if you want a table. 5:00 to be safe.