Shawn Eichorst

Yup. If Eichorst is it, though, it doesn't sound like he's being hired due to his body of work at CriminalU--more likely because of the work he did under Alvarez. The locals down there weren't too complimentary of him, to say the least...

Also, along with the reports of his resignation, are rumors that a couple of current staff members under him also retired. Perhaps Eichorst is bringing assistants with him?

Miami board link

Miami board link 2

Washington Post Article

I'm not to god awful worried. I'm sure Tom has had a pretty big voice in the process. I'm sure the right choice is being made. It has to be, because Tom won't be able to save us again.

I wonder what this guy will think about a full stadium to look at on gameday?

I don't believe he was Tom's choice. It doesn't mean he won't support it but its not who he recommended. HP is doing this one on his own. He's also made a few big boosters upset (on the surface) with the hire because its not their guy. I think eveyone gives this guy a chance because of the recommendation of BA.

First task as new AD for Eichorst: keep Paul Meyers.

paul meyers may stick around but he is not getting the job because he and TO have gotten into more than one argument recently, mostly about modernizing traditions etc.

Thats kind of odd that TO recommended him then.

Edit: He was actually one of 3.

First task as new AD for Eichorst: keep Paul Meyers.

paul meyers may stick around but he is not getting the job because he and TO have gotten into more than one argument recently, mostly about modernizing traditions etc.

We want to keep Meyers because of his contacts in Omaha, and how much money those contacts donate.

I'm trying to picture how this is going to work. TO said he is sticking around till January 1st. That is three months away. If this guy has already resigned from his present post, it sounds like an announcement of his hire here could be within the next few days. How will this work between him and TO over the next 90 days?

Pissing off boosters already. Atta boy pearlman.

I've never liked the idea of boosters running a program with their money to the extent that they dictate our hires.

Hire the best man for the job from a standpoint of how well he'll do the job.

Also, the speed of the new AD hire suggests that Perlman knew about Tom's retirement well in advance (not surprising) and that he's been working on this one for a while.

• Fire 1