The problem with playing favorites

is that you have a dog house. When you have a dog house, you have to put players in it. When you put players in it, sometimes you put good players in it. When you put good players in the doghouse, they leave. When good players leave, the leave holes at their positions. When there are holes at positions, Taylor martinez fumbles from blindside hits two games in a row.

Tyler Moore.

• Fire 2

We still scored 38 points. We're moving in the right direction. I believe that. But our oline depth was deeply hurt when Cally was fired. Usually new coaches' have their most difficult years in their 4th and 5th seasons because their veterans are their 1st recruiting classes. Perfect example, Urban Meyer at Florida, and he tucked tail and ran. We have to stick with Bo. These nights are tough to handle.

I don't think there was any doghouse issue with Moore. He just didn't like it here.

I don't think that's true. He dad told a radio station down there that his son said, "I'd rather be wearing red" when asked if he wanted to play for Florida or FSU. His dad may have made that up, but who really knows.

Hm, I should rephrase: he liked the idea of playing for NU, but not what the program was offering him in the ways of development, etc. I think.

I don't think there was any doghouse issue with Moore. He just didn't like it here.

I don't think that's true. He dad told a radio station down there that his son said, "I'd rather be wearing red" when asked if he wanted to play for Florida or FSU. His dad may have made that up, but who really knows.

Hm, I should rephrase: he liked the idea of playing for NU, but not what the program was offering him in the ways of development, etc. I think.

Unfortunately I don't know his thinking. I do know he's on his way to UF. I'm not sure how many others on our line can play at UF.

is that you have a dog house. When you have a dog house, you have to put players in it. When you put players in it, sometimes you put good players in it. When you put good players in the doghouse, they leave. When good players leave, the leave holes at their positions. When there are holes at positions, Taylor martinez fumbles from blindside hits two games in a row.

Tyler Moore.

If Tyler had stuck it out he would be starting, and our O-line would be better. He would be on track to become an All-Big 10 player, and likely go on to an NFL career. But he quit. Because he's a quitter. And I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who quit the Huskers and went on to great success. So f#*k Tyler Moore. The quitter.

• Fire 4

We still scored 38 points. We're moving in the right direction. I believe that. But our oline depth was deeply hurt when Cally was fired. Usually new coaches' have their most difficult years in their 4th and 5th seasons because their veterans are their 1st recruiting classes. Perfect example, Urban Meyer at Florida, and he tucked tail and ran. We have to stick with Bo. These nights are tough to handle.

There are over 25 offensive linemen...and you're telling me we can't find at least five decent ones? C'mon man.

There are over 25 offensive linemen...and you're telling me we can't find at least five decent ones? C'mon man.

Lets think about something for a second. All the great lineman that have come through this program and Tyler Moore was the 1st true freshman to ever start up there (and he started due to a huge lack of mature depth, emphasis on mature). What does that mean? That o-line is a muturity required position. It always has been. Freshman Oline freaks are very few across the country. What happened when Callahan was fired was we lost a lot of beastly Olineman. Bo has had to find that niche what wasnt there his first couple recruiting classes, so we're basically stuck with what we have now, and theyre doing their best, and that's pretty good considering it's a bunch of walk-ons. So yes, out of 25 lineman, we do have 5 decent ones, probably more. Saying we dont is overreaction.