I'm just plane tired

Its like having a plate of chocolate chip cookies in front of you, sampling a couple and then the plate keeps moving further and further away from you. We come out and look like King Kong for 15 minutes and then turn into Zippy the chimp. When will we do something to show that we can make a change that will have a positive effect on this program? Our OL stinks it up year after year and yet BC is still the OL coach. Both lines come out and play good for a quarter or two and then run out of gas. When was the last time we could say that we owned the 4th qtr? The S&C coach still has his job. Its time for some real changes. Loyalty is a real good thing and it worked out well for TO but blind loyalty is like a cancerous growth that needs to be excised.

T_O_B

G>B>R

S&C is not a problem as far as I can see. We seem to play hard till the end. Being out of position was a big problem, especially on those runs by Miller, who had the right side of the field open with no one containing it, on a couple of his t/d runs. The same players were there at the end that were shutting down OSU in the beginning of the game, till for some strange reason the coaches like to think that once they get a lead, its time to go back into a safe mode again, because they have a lead and don't want to get beat on one long play.

I picked us to win, not that I thought we couldn't lose, but I hate picking against us. I can handle the losses a lot better than I used to, thanks to BC. What I can't handle is getting blown out. These two losses were just that. Don't let the UCLA game fool you by the score. I was there and that score didn't show what was going on, on the field.

Next year each coach will have had that years worth of experience, with coaching their positions. then maybe we will see what we really have. Bo still has my support. He will have more of his recruits on the field by then. Don't forget Meyer already had B1G type players there, Bo is still has a couple of more years to fill out his roster of B1G type players.

GBR!!!

• Fire 2
S&C is not a problem as far as I can see. We seem to play hard till the end. Being out of position was a big problem, especially on those runs by Miller, who had the right side of the field open with no one containing it, on a couple of his t/d runs. The same players were there at the end that were shutting down OSU in the beginning of the game, till for some strange reason the coaches like to think that once they get a lead, its time to go back into a safe mode again, because they have a lead and don't want to get beat on one long play.

I picked us to win, not that I thought we couldn't lose, but I hate picking against us. I can handle the losses a lot better than I used to, thanks to BC. What I can't handle is getting blown out. These two losses were just that. Don't let the UCLA game fool you by the score. I was there and that score didn't show what was going on, on the field.

Next year each coach will have had that years worth of experience, with coaching their positions. then maybe we will see what we really have. Bo still has my support. He will have more of his recruits on the field by then. Don't forget Meyer already had B1G type players there, Bo is still has a couple of more years to fill out his roster of B1G type GBR!!!

Agree....oline didn't do bad.....we scored 38 freakin points.

I would be way more concerned with the defense.

A day after I still feel the same way about BO. For the first time in five years since his hire, I'm beginning to waiver on him as a head coach.

Going to agree with Eric here. I am beginning to feel that Bo is too stubborn to make the changes he needs to get this team to be a contender. How do we come out owning OSu for nearly the entire first quarter to letting them score a TD on 6 of 7 series, with one punt returned for a TD as well. He needs to pull his head from his hind quarters and stop being everyone's "friend" and start getting coaches in there who know their job. Beck and Papuchis are great guys but they are not OC/DC material and they should not be learning on the job for a storied program like Nebraska. We need to bring in proven commodities or Bo will be packing up his office. He either needs to learn to be a boss or expect the noose to tighten and he can hang in the breeze with his new OC/DC.

The let downs are getting far too common against any team that has any talent. The let downs are getting old real quick too. It's a new year, same damn problems with zero change.

Beck and Papuchis are invaluable to the staff in a lot of ways. I say keep 'em around. Bo is the DC here anyway - always has been. Papuchis may have needed the title to stick around, and it's good that he is. Beck...is going to get a greater spotlight put on him. But he's creative, promising, and has for years pulled more than his weight on this staff in a lot of ways.

I'd look at a number of other coaches before even considering replacing Beck or Papuchis.

But more than anything, this is recruiting. Years of disappointing recruiting coming back to bite us. We've been more promising in recruiting lately. Realize this, Bo. Pour a lot more resources and effort in-season to recruiting, because recruiting is going to make all the difference.

You can assemble the best young, cohesive, talented staff around but they need horses. Can't do anything about 2009 or 2010, but you can do something about 2012.

Next year each coach will have had that years worth of experience, with coaching their positions. then maybe we will see what we really have. Bo still has my support. He will have more of his recruits on the field by then. Don't forget Meyer already had B1G type players there, Bo is still has a couple of more years to fill out his roster of B1G type GBR!!!

Agree....oline didn't do bad.....we scored 38 freakin points.

I would be way more concerned with the defense.

A day after I still feel the same way about BO. For the first time in five years since his hire, I'm beginning to waiver on him as a head coach.

True about the offense. I mean, we made a lot of mistakes, but we did score 38 points so something was obviously going right. This defense has really been a let down. Let's face it, the only time Bo's defense has really been dominant was when a #2 overall pick in the NFL draft was playing DT. Suh blew up everything an opposing offense did. Pretty easy to look good when you have a guy like that.

Unfortunately Bo, your losing the support of many people who have had your back for a long time. I am one of them. Bo knows football, but I think his style is more suited to the professional level. Maybe an over complicated scheme. Our defense is not even lined up when the ball is snapped half the time. Most importantly though, this teams mentality as a whole. We just seem to fall apart. We get in tough spots and don't know how to fight our way out. We let one mistake snowball into multiple mistakes. It's becoming a real trend. I don't know what we can do to fix it. Bo doesn't seem to know or he would have done it by now. The question is, would this Program benefit from letting Bo go? Would things get better or worse? Who the hell is out there that could guarantee success? I don't know that we have to answer those questions yet, but the conversation is certainly going to get louder and louder across the state when you continue to see performances like last night.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121007/NEWS/310079952/1002#