Well, Urban is pissed after the embaressing defensively dip ah vs Indiana.

http://espn.go.com/c...meeting-defense

We're pissed too, you're making us look bad :P. I didn't catch the game but it sounds like Indie got some passing going. He's probably looking down the road and thinking that kind of performance won't work against Michigan. Denard's capable of connecting on some passes. Could be a tough game for OSU.

Urb seems to like the "don't dissapoint me" as motivation. It's probably effective since he's got the hardware to back it up.

OSU stopped playing what little defense they did with 1:30 left. The score at that point was 52-35. Home cooking by the refs gave them an onside kick AND 30 yards in penalties in 2 consecutive plays as well.

I think Meyer left Florida for two reasons.

1.) He saw the writing on the wall after the SEC championship loss. (With Tim Tebow but sans the most overlooked member of that championship Gator offense from the prior year...Percy Harvin.)

2.) He knew he'd get a major gig elsewhere at a powerhouse program with strong recruiting ties...and he wouldn't have to directly compete with Saban, Miles, Spurrier, and the like in his new pipeline states. That's it. OSU was always the front runner, but I bet a USC would've eagerly snapped him up and dumped Laney if the option was there.

My only problem with the guy is that he he lied about it in a particularly disdainful way. I just don't like people who can look you straight in the eye and lie without skipping a beat. Coaches all have to play that little denial game which is unfortunate but also kind of necessary to maintain order. (Saban, "I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say it. I'm not leaving Miami.")

But the family/health issue thing was on another level. In essence, he quit. He knew the talent level was getting to an almost insurmountable level particularly at Bama but also ominous at LSU, SC...and he knew he didn't have the horses. And he didn't want to rebuild, and have his reputation tarnished by some 8-4 7-5 type seasons. So he made up an illness, and used his family as a foil. Guy is a hell of a coach. And kind of a gutless scumbag.

Great coach, though.

While we're at it....Chris Spielman's wife didn't really die of cancer...it was just a cheap tactic to raise money for cancer awareness.

Unless you have access to Meyer's medical records, I wouldn't say something as retarded as Meyer making up an illness. Especially when people who have actually had what he said, have said they felt the same way as he did.

While we're at it....Chris Spielman's wife didn't really die of cancer...it was just a cheap tactic to raise money for cancer awareness.

Unless you have access to Meyer's medical records, I wouldn't say something as retarded as Meyer making up an illness. Especially when people who have actually had what he said, have said they felt the same way as he did.

I would agree with you. And I cant say he would completely make it up, but one would have to speculate the seriousness, especially after taking less than a year off, only to jump right back into the exact same profession in just as much of a pressure-cooker of a job. If it was a couple years after spending time with family and all, so be it, but from the time he left Florida, to accepting the Ohio St job, it was what 11 months? He got all these issues taken car of in that time? I just hope he doesnt do some great things with Ohio St, and drop them like a bad habit after 5 years cuz his heart hurt and mama didnt like him missing supper anymore. I as a fan would something more long term. But who knows, maybe this is the job he stays at for a long LONG time, but nothing in his track record suggests it right now.

I do believe, as I've said before, that he is the spark this conference needs. He'll be a wake up call to the rest of the programs. Not saying it'll be crooked, but he brings that killer attitude from the SEC. No more unspoken agreements and gentelmans understandings. Just win baby. As long as it's not SEC'd completely.

Those guys are wired that way. They will always have the itch. I'm sure Meyer's time in the booth was a seriously welcome time off from the pressure cooker for him. Perhaps he didn't want to deal with the challenges the program was facing at the time but part of that could have been due to his health issues: he didn't feel up for that kind of challenge given them. I don't know. We can only speculate.

I'm surprised that Gruden hasn't had the itch yet to jump back into coaching, but he's been gone a lot longer, signed a 5-year deal or something last year and has gotten quite comfortable in the booth. Plus, he's really, really good at it.

So your saying we will not be in the championship for 5 years, my guess is Ohio State will be normally starting next year. Just pulling your leg

Foppa.

I said it while being a bit bitter, but I think if we don't make it next year, there will be a coaching change, and then who knows what will happen. Probably not CCG's.

I feel Urban would not be coaching if the Ohio State job did not open. No-one at the time knew that Jim Tressel would have been let go; the timing just happened to come up earlier than later. Ohio State was his dream job, if he had waited, this might not have happened for another 10 years. Besides, Florida is back on track, so the talent was there.

So, according to you, the only difference is that Spielman pulled some bizarre, horrifically devastating ruse to help others, while Urban's gambit was intended to benefit only Meyer himself? Sounds about right.

Says his family is of primary importance to him as well as his health....but then immediately immerses himself back into the 365 day a year grind that is being the HC at a major cfb program, 'eh? (After taking basically no time off. Serious, life threatening health issues are not generally conducive to traveling back and forth across the country to announce football games, I would assume. Perhaps he's an exception.)

I guess he's playing pretty fast and loose with his own well-being, and is willing to risk his life and leaving his family without their father and husband for the Buckeyes. Not buying it. I could be wrong, no problem admitting that. I'd bet a substantial wage against it though.

(btw...there is an odd satisfaction in seeing someone combine outrage over another person disregarding health issues while including the word retarded in their reprimand. Awesome :thumbs)

I would agree with you. And I cant say he would completely make it up, but one would have to speculate the seriousness, especially after taking less than a year off, only to jump right back into the exact same profession in just as much of a pressure-cooker of a job. If it was a couple years after spending time with family and all, so be it, but from the time he left Florida, to accepting the Ohio St job, it was what 11 months? He got all these issues taken car of in that time? I just hope he doesnt do some great things with Ohio St, and drop them like a bad habit after 5 years cuz his heart hurt and mama didnt like him missing supper anymore. I as a fan would something more long term. But who knows, maybe this is the job he stays at for a long LONG time, but nothing in his track record suggests it right now.

I do believe, as I've said before, that he is the spark this conference needs. He'll be a wake up call to the rest of the programs. Not saying it'll be crooked, but he brings that killer attitude from the SEC. No more unspoken agreements and gentelmans understandings. Just win baby. As long as it's not SEC'd completely.

You decide to go on a hiatus. You intention is 4-5 years away. Your ultimate dream job....the one you had an exit clause on every contract you have ever had to be able to take if it came up, comes up.

What do you do?

Not only that, but, while I have to take their word on it, his assistants have a lot more involvement than in the pass. He also doesn't spend nearly as much time at the office as he used to. Again, I'm taking his word on it, but that's all we have to go with.

So, according to you, the only difference is that Spielman pulled some bizarre, horrifically devastating ruse to help others, while Urban's gambit was intended to benefit only Meyer himself? Sounds about right.

Says his family is of primary importance to him as well as his health....but then immediately immerses himself back into the 365 day a year grind that is being the HC at a major cfb program, 'eh? (After taking basically no time off. Serious, life threatening health issues are not generally conducive to traveling back and forth across the country to announce football games, I would assume. Perhaps he's an exception.)

I guess he's playing pretty fast and loose with his own well-being, and is willing to risk his life and leaving his family without their father and husband for the Buckeyes. Not buying it. I could be wrong, no problem admitting that. I'd bet a substantial wage against it though.

(btw...there is an odd satisfaction in seeing someone combine outrage over another person disregarding health issues while including the word retarded in their reprimand. Awesome :thumbs)

No my point was that it was ridiculous to call someone out on an illness without any personal knowledge of said person or their illness. I pointed out what you asked in my previous post.

And no I'm not PC, but retarded simply means slow. ;)

No my point was that it was ridiculous to call someone out on an illness without any personal knowledge of said person or their illness. I pointed out what you asked in my previous post.

And no I'm not PC, but retarded simply means slow. ;)

Well, our perception as humans is certainly limited. The best we can do is make rational conclusions (that contain a margin of error, as I willingly granted when I stated I may be incorrect) based off the tangible evidence we have at hand. I've seen people who are truly sick. No amount of makeup would cover their gaunt, colorless visages for an ESPN camera, and their energy level would never allow continuous jet-setting to cover football games. Certainly not immediately after they were stricken.

And...he claimed he wanted to spend more time with his family, then immediately took a job in which he would be spending substantial amounts of time in hotels, airports, and restaurants in cities all over the country...not in the company of his family. So that claim was clearly bullsh#t. His actions alone lead to that conclusion. I apply the same to the sudden health issue which appears to have zero hindrance upon him now. Michael J. Fox...his illness is readily apparent. My grandmother...the effects of chemo are palpable. Urban seems the very definition of fit...as he did during his time on camera. Deduce what you will from that. I've done the same on my end.

A sometime synonym for the word "gay" that starts with an F and ends in a G has indicated, at various times, sticks, cigs, or whatever everyone arbitrarily decides it means next. I bring that up simply to highlight the fact that there is no intrinsic meaning to the word. The same applies to retarded.

Just as you might have informed me you were not

A.) A personal computer, or

B.) Politically correct. So thanks for the vocab lesson and all, but I feel like it was incomplete. ;)

I saw an interview that they did with his daughter and she was even saying that he is at home more then when he was at Florida (when he is in Ohio that is). He doesn't do as much recruiting as he used to either. If anything, I believe his daughter over anyone else.

If Urban Meyer wanted to coach at Nebraska I'd pry the door open to shove Bo out myself. Don't hate, the man can coach. And the demise of Florida due to Tebow being gone has been highly exaggerated. Urban very obviously didn't deviously job hop to get away from a bad situation.