Name your new coach

I think the game last night sucked. I think also that Bo needs a couple more years. That being said, some do not agree. So I ask you to put it down here who would be better and how much we should be willing to pay to get them. Personally, I can think of only one person. Pete Carrol. 4 million a season. What say you?

He would be nice to get but your gonna need to pay him more then that. He already make 6.7 million a year with Seattle

As I said in another thread any college that his Pete would be answering to the NCAA. This was started when the sanctions were handed down to USC. There is a reason he jumped at a chance to get back in the league. Same thing would happen to any school that hired Jim Tressel as a head coach

I agree with you Paul...The post you had in the other thread explaining the reasoning the coaches people want shouldn't/won't come here is spot on. I love husker football but to read and listen to some fans just makes me wnat to stick my head in a wood chipper. People need to get off their high horses about Nebraska football and come down to realitity that we are not kings anymore and that it might be awhile before we get the throne back.

No need for a new coach. When Bo steps down or is let go i will come back and tell who would be a good choice for NU until then Bo is the head man and i dont see that changing for at lest two more years

I agree on not needing a new coach. I was reading some other topics about how he can't get it done and I was curious who people thought was better than Bo. I mentioned Pete Carrol to start it off. Basically saying that IF Bo were gone, I would think he would do a better job

PaulCrewe provided a great rundown in another thread. I'll quote it here.

Let's rehash this discussion from the UCLA loss.

Chris Peterson pretty much was offered a blank check from UCLA and said no. no to a west coast, beautiful weather, recruiting hotbed to stay in Boise.

Gary Paterson said no to his Alma mater in Kansas state, because he didn't want to leave a recruiting haven .

Pete Carroll would bring NCAA sanctions with him. Something that would be landed on any college that would hire him after the Reggie Bush scandal. There is a reason he is in the NFL now.

Dana Hilversum, addressed by others isn't the concern defense

Rich Rod, ditto

Bobby Petrino, ditto and his little ethnical lapse will hurt him getting a D 1 head job for a while

Dave Doreen, or whatever, seriously??? The throw out big money to a big name coach theory just went out the window. Talk about a meltdown hire.

So again just like after the UCLA game, headhunters please bring about a realistic list of names you so wish for

I think the game last night sucked. I think also that Bo needs a couple more years. That being said, some do not agree. So I ask you to put it down here who would be better and how much we should be willing to pay to get them. Personally, I can think of only one person. Pete Carrol. 4 million a season. What say you?

He would be nice to get but your gonna need to pay him more then that. He already make 6.7 million a year with Seattle

As I said in another thread any college that his Pete would be answering to the NCAA. This was started when the sanctions were handed down to USC. There is a reason he jumped at a chance to get back in the league. Same thing would happen to any school that hired Jim Tressel as a head coach

I agree with you Paul...The post you had in the other thread explaining the reasoning the coaches people want shouldn't/won't come here is spot on. I love husker football but to read and listen to some fans just makes me wnat to stick my head in a wood chipper. People need to get off their high horses about Nebraska football and come down to realitity that we are not kings anymore and that it might be awhile before we get the throne back.

I hear you. I get tired of hearing people say get rid of the. Peach but can't come up with anyone better

No need for a new coach. When Bo steps down or is let go i will come back and tell who would be a good choice for NU until then Bo is the head man and i dont see that changing for at lest two more years

I agree on not needing a new coach. I was reading some other topics about how he can't get it done and I was curious who people thought was better than Bo. I mentioned Pete Carrol to start it off. Basically saying that IF Bo were gone, I would think he would do a better job

I agree there. Carrol would be a good fit here but i dont see him leaving seattle anytime soon. Gruden would be my next choice

Mike Leach

Do his teams play defense? It appears that is the biggest problem for his team right now. Not better than Bo

Do Bo's teams play defense? They occasionally have a decent day vs very weak teams. Against a good team (and OSU is a good team not a great team) we look like the St Mary's Girls School.

PaulCrewe provided a great rundown in another thread. I'll quote it here.

Let's rehash this discussion from the UCLA loss.

Chris Peterson pretty much was offered a blank check from UCLA and said no. no to a west coast, beautiful weather, recruiting hotbed to stay in Boise.

Gary Paterson said no to his Alma mater in Kansas state, because he didn't want to leave a recruiting haven .

Pete Carroll would bring NCAA sanctions with him. Something that would be landed on any college that would hire him after the Reggie Bush scandal. There is a reason he is in the NFL now.

Dana Hilversum, addressed by others isn't the concern defense

Rich Rod, ditto

Bobby Petrino, ditto and his little ethnical lapse will hurt him getting a D 1 head job for a while

Dave Doreen, or whatever, seriously??? The throw out big money to a big name coach theory just went out the window. Talk about a meltdown hire.

So again just like after the UCLA game, headhunters please bring about a realistic list of names you so wish for

Peterson and Carrol are the only 2 on his list that you can say are better than Bo. Patterson has yet to prove himself in a big conference. Holgerson is using Stewart's recruits and doesn't coach defense. RichRod has not proven anything. Who is the last guy?

Mike Leach

Do his teams play defense? It appears that is the biggest problem for his team right now. Not better than Bo

Do Bo's teams play defense? They occasionally have a decent day vs very weak teams. Against a good team (and OSU is a good team not a great team) we look like the St Mary's Girls School.

That's my point. Everyone is screaming about the defense not being good so would we be better off bringing someone who cares even less about defense?

Bill Cowher would be my top pick, even though there is zero chance of that happening, since he has his pick of NFL jobs. Would love to have Saban of course, but he's not leaving the SEC.

Others:

Rich Rodriguez

Dan Mullen

Chris Petersen

Gary Patterson

Bobby Petrino

Jon Gruden

I also wouldn't mind Pete Carroll or Jim Tressel. Yes there would be sanctions to deal with, but the payoff in the long run would be worth it. Or what about former Tennessee coach Philip Fulmer? Won a NC at Tennessee, very underrated.

Bill Cowher would be my top pick, even though there is zero chance of that happening, since he has his pick of NFL jobs. Would love to have Saban of course, but he's not leaving the SEC.

Others:

Rich Rodriguez

Dan Mullen

Chris Petersen

Gary Patterson

Bobby Petrino

Jon Gruden

I also wouldn't mind Pete Carroll or Jim Tressel. Yes there would be sanctions to deal with, but the payoff in the long run would be worth it.

Only Gruden and Peterson have proven to be better. Mullen is having a good year but I think he needs to finish in the top 25% in the SEC to say he is better. Cowher would be awesome but not happening.

Others:

Rich Rodriguez

Dan Mullen

Chris Petersen

Gary Patterson

Bobby Petrino

Jon Gruden

I also wouldn't mind Pete Carroll or Jim Tressel. Yes there would be sanctions to deal with, but the payoff in the long run would be worth it. Or what about former Tennessee coach Philip Fulmer? Won a NC at Tennessee, very underrated.

Fulmer is interesting but I think the game has passed him by now

Mike Leach

Yes, because you can expect a coach to take over a HORRIBLE Washington state team and turn their defense around in one year. Anyone would be an idiiot to expect leach to have a great defense with WASHINGTON STATE. Also, Leach did pretty good with TEXAS TECH, who was texas tech before leach got there? Could you imagine leach with the facilities, tradition, brand, and money that Nebraska has? Leach would be n amazing hire and before you say "he had no running game", he always had at least 2 backs average 5.5 yards per carry every year. Tubberville cant even put texas tech in the top 25 yet leach put them in THE TOP 5.