Name your new coach

Mike Leach

I think the blue hairs would all have heart attacks if we started throwing the ball every single down. No.

Haha whats-his-name with the Jets may be available soon... Rex Ryan

You would really want that 3 ring circus coming to Nebraska. No thank you.

Hey, how about Tony Dungy? Soft-spoken, great coach....

The guy retired and has a cozy, stress-free job as an analyst. Not happening in a million years.

Pat Fitzgerald

I would love this, but I think he's pretty comfortable where he is at. Not to mention, he's a smart guy, and leaving his current gig for a head coaching job at a conference team that is in the same division as his current team would be like committing suicide. Not happening.

You do realize that leach almost had a 50-50 run to pass ratio in his last few years at texas tech, right? he also had at least two backs average 5.5 yards per carry and one that averaged 6 yards a carry on at least 225 attempts

No Carrol. No Tressel. I will settle for 9 wins every year and endure 2 of these losses each season to have the pride that we are "doing it right". The second we sacrafice that concept for the sake of a trophy with a crystal ball, we've lost EVERYTHING that makes this place special.

• Fire 2

This entire discussion is stupid. It's been said a hundred times: Bo's first 2 recruiting classes were piss poor. Those are the guys we see on the field right now. He has some freakin' studs lined up in the chutes behind the guys we have starting that will make a huge impact here really soon. Those guys I'm talking about are:

Rose

Afalava

Thomas Brown

Avery Moss

Curry

Charles Jackson

Daniel Davie

Harvey Jackson

McMullen

Josh Mitchell

Peat

Jonathan Rose

Santos

Valentine

Vestal

Kevin Williams

That's a lot of guys that have either played and looked good, or are said to be monsters. While I'm disappointed that Bo didn't recruit better his first couple years here, I like what I see from the young guys, and I want to see how far Bo can take us when his younger stallions are on the field next year and for the next 3 years.

• Fire 7

Chris Petersen is the obvious choice but as one of the other posters pointed out, UCLA offered him the world and he turned it down. If we could get him though, I have a strong feeling it would pay huge dividends almost immediately..the similarities with the natural hurdles he faces working to keep Boise a perennial power are similar to what he would encounter in Lincoln.

He would win here plain and simple and I would be willing to bet Dollars to Cents that he would begin to do so almost immediately.

Gruden would be a disaster...why take an other Calhan type risk on a coach with no substantial college pedigree? We've been down that path before and to do so again would be idiotic.

Carrol would not work..the inherent home grown talent he had access to is what made him so successful at SC...he would be another disaster.

Chris Peterson or Mark Richt. Both are experienced head coaches and proven winners.

Richt is an Omaha native and grew up a Husker fan. He's a good recruiter and he's been a consistent winner at Georgia. He's also a religious guy, which I think Osborne would appreciate.

Peterson has done a fantastic job at Boise State and has won some big games with a limited talent pool and limited resources. I think he would do well here.

in no particular order:

Chris Petersen

Gus Malzahn

Gruden

Golden

weis he can recruit, would need to hire a very good D coordinator as well

harbough is at my niners.. love him there.. would love him here but he is not leaving there...

I think if Malzahn gets it going at Ark St, he would be worth a look. Still it sold on Golden although I respect him trying to get Miami back on track.

No Carrol. No Tressel. I will settle for 9 wins every year and endure 2 of these losses each season to have the pride that we are "doing it right". The second we sacrafice that concept for the sake of a trophy with a crystal ball, we've lost EVERYTHING that makes this place special.

I agree 100%. This whole conversation makes me ashamed to call myself a Husker fan....We look like sh#t a couple games and so many want to jump ship and look for greener pastures .

Some names I like that I didn't see listed yet

Charlie Strong - Louisville

Paul Rhodes - Iowa St

Troy Calhoun - Air Force

Pat Hill - Atlanta Falcons (formerly of Fresno St)

I'd rather have Bo than any of these guys. Rhodes is a good coach, but not for Nebraska. He's a good coach for Iowa State.