Recruiting has lost steam... Where do we go from here?

I dont post on this site much, but f%ck this thread. Im not saying this b/c we land one 4* running back, but I'm just tired of the negativity towards the program. The people that want pelini gone need

to shut up too! what coach is really going to do better? The things that pelini has done with this program easily make one want to keep him here. We aren't going to get a better coach, we need to do what we can to get him to stay here. He is the perfect coach for ne. He's a family man, has good values and the highest team gpa for a long time. I have supported pelini since the beginning and will continue to support him, as all of u should! Not sure how some of u can call urselves neb fans!

• Fire 1

Lol. Come on man. Strong response for a new guy with 9 posts... "F*ck this thread." Don't come just to flame the board.

You got off on a tangent about us wanting Bo gone as coach. I didn't say that ANYWHERE. I said that at one point in the season, when we had just gotten GASHED by OSU and had previously seen the D give up the 2nd most yards ever (woulda been the most but they took knees and lost yards ) to UCLA that I thought if Bo didn't upgrade the talent on the defense, it might CAUSE him to be gone. I didn't say I wanted that.

But the point of the board is to discuss the Huskers, and we did that by talking about the recruiting class. Since then the recruiting has picked up and we are all happy about that. Please keep seemingly random, arbitrary, vehement defense of Pelini for no reason limited to threads that call for it. Thanks! :thumbs

Oh, and welcome to the board. :D

Dudeguyy: been reading the board for years but don't post unless im bothered by something or a little drunk Haha. Didn't mean to direct my rant just at you. I was just venting a frustration about the fan base as a whole. I think pelini is the best coach that we could have for our team and don't see neb doing any better. I also think that a coach with a little fire isn't a bad thing, many coaches around the country are like that but seems like pelini gets some bad press. Not really the point of the rant. I live in lincoln and while i love it, I know that a 17 year old kid from Arizona/California/or wherever may not see the same things that I do in Lincoln. I know that Nebraska has some distinct disadvantages when it come to recruiting. If we don't get a certain recruit, i don't necessarily think it is from a lack of effort on the staffs part, but that distance may be a factor or they just want to go to a college with a beach and hot girls(not saying that neb doesn't have hot girls but its not Arizona state). I've been a neb fan my whole life and even though I only have 9 posts on this board doesnt mean that my opinion is wrong. Thanks for welcoming me to the board! I look forward to some good discussions/arguments in the future.

• Fire 1

Dudeguyy: been reading the board for years but don't post unless im bothered by something or a little drunk Haha. Didn't mean to direct my rant just at you. I was just venting a frustration about the fan base as a whole. I think pelini is the best coach that we could have for our team and don't see neb doing any better. I also think that a coach with a little fire isn't a bad thing, many coaches around the country are like that but seems like pelini gets some bad press. Not really the point of the rant. I live in lincoln and while i love it, I know that a 17 year old kid from Arizona/California/or wherever may not see the same things that I do in Lincoln. I know that Nebraska has some distinct disadvantages when it come to recruiting. If we don't get a certain recruit, i don't necessarily think it is from a lack of effort on the staffs part, but that distance may be a factor or they just want to go to a college with a beach and hot girls(not saying that neb doesn't have hot girls but its not Arizona state). I've been a neb fan my whole life and even though I only have 9 posts on this board doesnt mean that my opinion is wrong. Thanks for welcoming me to the board! I look forward to some good discussions/arguments in the future.

Please stick around man.

Once you wade through some of the idiots, there are some good guys here.

Sorry btw, sometimes it's just good to rip the new guys one right away and break em in so to speak... :lol:

I agree with a lot of your points. I think Pelini is a great coach and I see no reason to think of firing him. There are obviously some things he could do better, but everyone has those. He's shown this season he has a lot of what the qualities and intangibles to be a great college coach. I like the fact that his teams just quietly keep their heads down and keep working during games. We're not flashy, and pretty even keel. Don't get too high nor too low, and that is a HUGE advantage because it allows the team to deal with a lot of adversity and work though it-- for some spectacular comeback wins, so far.

I also think he's the best fit as a head coach NU could ask for. He understands the Nebraska culture, buys into it, and loves it.

I can't even put into words how much I prefer him as the face of our program as opposed to some sleaze looking to earn the big bucks like Kiffin or Urban or Miles. The people that sa he's "not a good face of the program due to his sideline demeanor" are idiots. They can't see how much the team love their coach and how they'd obviously run though a wall for him.

Now, let's finish this class strong with some big nasty DT's and Priest and Sandland and some OT's and a surprise or two!

Welcome again.