Would love to see Nebraska and LSU schedule a home and home series.

Why in Gods name would we want to schedule a team like LSU. The way college football is to me its foolish to schedule teams like this in the non con. Schedule 3 puds and one respectable team and get yourself prepared for conferance play.

Yes, why schedule a good SEC team and open up recruiting grounds in SEC territory? Thats just stupid when you can play teams like S. Dakota St. and everyone can sit the whole game! :sarcasm To the OP, that would be an awesome series!! Memorial would be rocking! Im actually looking forward to playing Miami/Tennessee in a few years so maybe we can get a LSU scheduled after those series end.

Have Nebraska ever played LSU before?

Louisiana State (5-0-1)

Date Site Result NU Rank/Opp Attendance

01/01/1987+ New Orleans* W 30-15 6/5 76,234

01/01/1985+ New Orleans* W 28-10 4/12 75,608

01/01/1983 Miami** W 21-20 3/13 54,407

09/11/1976 Baton Rouge T 6-6 1/ 70,746

09/13/1975 Lincoln W 10-7 6/ 76,259

01/01/1971 Miami** W 17-12 3/5 80,699

** Orange Bowl | * Sugar Bowl | + Indoor game

Would be cool. I think a lot of LSU fans already have an appreciation for Nebraskans in general from their CWS tradition.

I didn't even think about that. That little fact makes me want this to happen. Ah, the fond memories of drunk LSU fans offer my 13-year-old self beef as I walk passed Rosenblatt Stadium..

Why in Gods name would we want to schedule a team like LSU. The way college football is to me its foolish to schedule teams like this in the non con. Schedule 3 puds and one respectable team and get yourself prepared for conferance play.

Because starting 2016, who you play non conference matters a lot more. OSU is already changing their system. I don't know what the timeline is, but there should be only one MAC team and 3 games against automatic qualifiers.