Bo gets it! Finally.

3) “I feel a responsibility to you all, and last Saturday wasn’t it. It’s time for me to get that rectified and get this thing going in the direction that you all expect it to go in and should expect it to go in.”

Before introducing Pelini, Husker Sports Network play-by-play man Greg Sharpe praised last weekend’s Ohio State atmosphere but added that it “pales in comparison” to Nebraska’s Tunnel Walk entrance and the Huskers’ overall game day atmosphere.

Big Red Fans Give Bo a Standing O

Pelini may have been an Ohio State Buckeye captain, but the last statements he made at the luncheon sparked the spontaneous standing ovation.

Nebraska’s head coach related how he “walked away thinking about the atmosphere, the fans and all the things that come into play, and just how fortunate I am to be in the position I’m in and the responsibility that I’m in,” Pelini said, “because it (Ohio State) pales in comparison to what we have here, and the resources we have, and you all are the people that make that possible for me and for our football team. I appreciate it.”

Why did no other media outlet write about this? Why just one story when 25+ writers were there?

Look. im not on the Bo bandwagon. Ive stated for years he is too young/new of a head coach and it will take time. I still do, but patience are wearing very thin. But, this is the first ive seen Pelini truely appreciate what he has here. Ive read plenty of how fans are too up and down, too quiet at the Kansas game, too hard on his players..... you know the attitude - "us against the world". Once he embraces husker nation for all its glory.... and its faults - he will be a better coach. Maybe we are finally seeing some humility, maybe its appreciation, maybe he is afraid for his job..... either way, its a change that is needed and I hope it rings true.

Get ready for the anti-Pelini'ists to spin this article with comments like "coach-speak".

Granted it was an article, but I haven't heard Bo speak like this since he has been hear. Words the fan base needed to hear IMO.

Wow, I didn't know Bo Pelini was, at one time, deaf...I guess this would explain a lot for the anti-Bo crowd...

• Fire 1

Get ready for the anti-Pelini'ists to spin this article with comments like "coach-speak".

Granted it was an article, but I haven't heard Bo speak like this since he has been hear. Words the fan base needed to hear IMO.

Wow, I didn't know Bo Pelini was, at one time, deaf...I guess this would explain a lot for the anti-Bo crowd...

Thanks for the spelling lesson. And just because folks do not worship at the altar of Bo doesn't mean they want him gone.

I don't remember a time when Bo didn't get it.

I have never heard him speak so positively to the culture that is Nebraska. I have heard a lot of the "us against the world", but this is the first time I can recall that he speaks of NU like this. Again, good to hear IMO.

Really? I've heard it from him countless times.

I don't remember a time when Bo didn't get it.

I have never heard him speak so positively to the culture that is Nebraska. I have heard a lot of the "us against the world", but this is the first time I can recall that he speaks of NU like this. Again, good to hear IMO.

Really? I've heard it from him countless times.

Really.

I feel like our talent level, the cohesion of the coaching staff, the facilities...basically all the things are headed in the right direction.

What is simply unexplainable to me are the penalties and turnovers. It just hasn't improved really.

Better coached teams w less talent (saw Kstate is the LEAST penalized team in the nation) that don't have "mental penalties" (false start, too many men in huddle, formation, etc) will beat a team with superior talent who shoots themselves in the foot 7 out of 10 times.

I like Bo a lot. But lack of talent and all that is moot if we don't clean up turnovers and penalties.

Most of our losses the last 2-3 yrs have been because of these; rarely are we that far off talent wise.

Thanks for the props in the article, Bo. Now get your RB to not fumble and your right tackle to not jump the snap.