FRESHMEN?

We are also playing a walk-on freshman in Andy Janovich this year....so this thread is pretty pointless since we do indeed use our freshmen

Forgot about him!!! He's playing over a 3 year guy in Zimmerer, and Mike Marrow who was anointed in the offseason as the next best thing.

But yeah, we never play freshmen.

Ok, now i'm pissed, do you people really think that there is not a better DE on the team than Cam Merideth? or a better DT than Baker Steinkuhler? or a better LB than Eric Martin or a ...................get what i'm saying? How the Hell do you Know that the Frosh aren't better than what we a starting? To be honest, they could NOT be much worse. From all the games i viewed today, Freshemen were a BIG part of their teams success!!!

Ok, now i'm pissed, do you people really think that there is not a better DE on the team than Cam Merideth? or a better DT than Baker Steinkuhler? or a better LB than Eric Martin or a ...................get what i'm saying? How the Hell do you Know that the Frosh aren't better than what we a starting? To be honest, they could NOT be much worse. From all the games i viewed today, Freshemen were a BIG part of their teams success!!!

I have my gripes about CamStache just like you, but I don't know if the answer is a Freshman. Frankly, I don't know that we have a better DE on the team. Watch the other guys when they're in - they all have glaring issues. Ankrah, EMart, Joe Carter... they all miss tackles, blow assignments, etc. Cam is slow but he's solid. I wish we had someone better, but we don't.

And Baker Steinkuhler has played quite well this year. He's been a non-factor most of his career, but this year he's been a man possessed. Watch the second half of Wisconsin if you don't believe me. He was unstoppable.

And this logical fallacy that "You don't know the Freshmen aren't better... so they are" is fun and all, but it doesn't mean anything.

Martin is a DE.

Also, freshman on the DL is an extreme rarity in CFB, because 99% of them aren't physically ready. Oh, and we have played DL as frosh. Thad Randle, Jason Ankrah, Camstache, Chase Rome, Todd peat all played significant snaps on the DL as frosh.

Huskerfan92..........Who the hell is Andy Janovich????? Mayby thats why we are getting our ass kicked!!!!!!

Dude. Wow.

You start a thread like this, you name zero names of Freshmen who could start and make a difference, someone mentions one of our brightest Freshmen who is actually playing, and you have no idea who he is?

Maybe this is why you're getting grief in this thread. Clue.

• Fire 4

I have my gripes about CamStache just like you, but I don't know if the answer is a Freshman. Frankly, I don't know that we have a better DE on the team. Watch the other guys when they're in - they all have glaring issues. Ankrah, EMart, Joe Carter... they all miss tackles, blow assignments, etc. Cam is slow but he's solid. I wish we had someone better, but we don't.

And Baker Steinkuhler has played quite well this year. He's been a non-factor most of his career, but this year he's been a man possessed. Watch the second half of Wisconsin if you don't believe me. He was unstoppable.

And this logical fallacy that "You don't know the Freshmen aren't better... so they are" is fun and all, but it doesn't mean anything.

Watching the Wiscy game with my in-laws. Father-in-law makes a comment about about Steinkuhler not making a lot of plays. We both enjoy plenty of good laughs as he makes about every-other play the rest of the game.

Charles Jackson has that look too doesn't he. Looks like hes gonna be a good one. I think we do have quite a bit of young talent on this team and I wouldn't mind seeing them get some snaps more often early in their young careers. I think Bo has actually done better this year working toward that. I don't know if it's out of necessity due to the lack of ability of the juniors and seniors that currently start on this team, or the fact that Bo has finally recognized that real time snaps are vital for development of these players. Bo has not always done well with this. It's important that he continues to get these younger players in the games whenever he can. Especially in hostile environments like we have seen thus far in the Big Ten. It's a lot to deal with for the first time on a big stage.

Charles Jackson has that look too doesn't he. Looks like hes gonna be a good one. I think we do have quite a bit of young talent on this team and I wouldn't mind seeing them get some snaps more often early in their young careers. I think Bo has actually done better this year working toward that. I don't know if it's out of necessity due to the lack of ability of the juniors and seniors that currently start on this team, or the fact that Bo has finally recognized that real time snaps are vital for development of these players. Bo has not always done well with this. It's important that he continues to get these younger players in the games whenever he can. Especially in hostile environments like we have seen thus far in the Big Ten. It's a lot to deal with for the first time on a big stage.

Bingo. He would be starting most likely too... except he's behind Ciante Evans, who's probably the best player on the D right now.

For the bo pelini lovers..................Do you people not get what just happened? are you that zoned in on the love for bo pelini...........let me fill you in.........Tom Osborne is gone, Nebraska just hired a new athletic director right SMACK DAB in the middle of the football season!!!!! Hello McFly!!! Are you people aware of the ramifications of that move????? Do you need someone to animate it for you........................The BIG MONEY DONORS ARE PISSED!!!!!