Ice fishing

I've got to admit, I don't understand the allure (no pun intended).

Fishing to me should include a boat, warm weather and a relaxing environment, not freezing my a$$ off.

Not trying to offend anyone who appreciates it, just my opinion.

I sort of agree. There just isn't a whole lot else to do outdoors in Nebraska in January-February.

That said, there's a lot worse things than hanging out in a shanty with friends and schnapps.

i dont know being someone who likes to fish (granted im only pretty knowledgeable with hawaiian salt water fishing and all its many forms i.e. shorecasting, inshore fishing,offshore, bottom fishing, jigging etc) i think going ice fishing atleast once would be pretty cool... granted i also f'ing hate the cold but im sure i could stand it for a few hours if i had a couple boys with me and some beers or whatever..... id definetly be down

I've got to admit, I don't understand the allure (no pun intended).

Fishing to me should include a boat, warm weather and a relaxing environment, not freezing my a$$ off.

Not trying to offend anyone who appreciates it, just my opinion.

I sort of agree. There just isn't a whole lot else to do outdoors in Nebraska in January-February.

That said, there's a lot worse things than hanging out in a shanty with friends and schnapps.

Sometimes you just gotta get out of the house.

• 4 months later...

After slipping on the ice and dislocating my knee. I don't ice fish. That's why I can't wait for spring to get here. Even more so since the first week of Feb most lakes around here were losing the ice, now the majority of them have refrozen.

ice fishing sux in NE only becouse not many do it right!! head to minnisota , the lakes turn into little cities, heated ice houses with tv s stoves and if your near a town some one usually delivers food, pizza and whatever.i get up there a few times a year to fish with friends in their houses, its the only way to go. f#*k that sittin on a bucket crap!

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...