Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

From what I saw, Pelini handled it well. He didn't appear to blow up at Bell, get in his face when Bell flipped out, or anything. I guess some people are wishing he'd pulled a Cheesefries Mangino and grabbed the facemask, yanked his head around, etc?

Agreed. I don't know why people look into this and turn it into a negative. Bell had a NONSENSE penalty, Bo said something to him, which every coach should, and Bell went over board. I hope he has to do some conditioning drills when he gets back to Lincoln for the lack of respect.

If Bo was losing this team, you would see the team give up, and not still play hard. Take away those 3 turnovers, it would have been a different game.

Bo lost the team a long time ago, we constantly are a top team for turnovers. Penalties, turnovers, late subs and unprepared players so we have to call timeouts. Bo doesn't have it, he's got one more year and then he's gone.

A "lost" team would have given up yesterday. This one did not.

From what I saw, Pelini handled it well. He didn't appear to blow up at Bell, get in his face when Bell flipped out, or anything. I guess some people are wishing he'd pulled a Cheesefries Mangino and grabbed the facemask, yanked his head around, etc?

Agreed. I don't know why people look into this and turn it into a negative. Bell had a NONSENSE penalty, Bo said something to him, which every coach should, and Bell went over board. I hope he has to do some conditioning drills when he gets back to Lincoln for the lack of respect.

If Bo was losing this team, you would see the team give up, and not still play hard. Take away those 3 turnovers, it would have been a different game.

Bo lost the team a long time ago, we constantly are a top team for turnovers. Penalties, turnovers, late subs and unprepared players so we have to call timeouts. Bo doesn't have it, he's got one more year and then he's gone.

Nebraska got lucky yesterday, I guess no he hasn't lost the team but bottom line he's not a good coach. You can't say oh we're rebuilding, we're in a new conference and no BS that Bo is learning, he's never been a HC. We struggle to compete with OK teams and constantly have costly turnovers.

I don't even see how this is an issue. We get smoked by Michigan next week, lose one that we shouldn't and this nonsense is over by January. Nebraska gets a real coach and Pelini gets to live out his dream of being an actual cave man somewhere. Win-win.

i think you're right bo will be fired after a 8 win year by a first year AD and then there will be "real" coaches out there willing to take the job

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you? How do penalties, turnovers and whatever else you want to complain about equate into losing the team?

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you? How do penalties, turnovers and whatever else you want to complain about equate into losing the team?

Can you tell me why we're a top team for fumbles every year? Can you tell me why Martinez still has horrible form? Why we have costly penalties that lead to scoring drives for the other team? Bo doesn't know how to stop these mistakes.

Goodness.

Has anyone ever played for a coach that just screams and yells?

Has anyone played for a coach that hardly ever did?

Anyone ever play for a coach that only did it when necessary?

Here's my angle:

Bell has hardly played ths year, which is probly frustrating for him. He gets in the game after some bad play by the guy in front of him. On his FIRST play he gets a penalty called on him! So he comes out, basically, gets right back to the pine. Which is even MORE frustrating. On the way to the bench, he gets a little earful, rightfully so. But that pisses him off and he knows he's back to being frustrated on the pine, thinking it'll be a long way back to the field. "how am I supposed to prove myself by getting ONE play the

last 3 weeks??!?"

So he just yells back to a guy who always yells at him. Bo could've made a point to show him that he's the only who gets to yell. Instead Bo turns around and gets back to the game. That's growth. Did you see a couple players (cotton and another veteran were on Bell) talking and dealing with it? That's leadership.

Did u see us come right back and win the game? That's a team unified and not freaked out by an incident that could've been disruptive. I played for coaches who yelled and screamed and they were pricks. Sometimes you gotta yell back. Sometimes u gotta take it. Bell is either gonna get fired up and prove that, even if it's only 1 play, he can get it done.

So it was heated, it was awkward, it could've been more or worse. Pretty much like the the whole game/season. But I choose to see growth by the leaders, the coach, amd hopefully by Bell.

Just to clarify, that wasn't Bell's first play of the game. He had gotten several snaps before that penalty, including 1 play when he got lost and did not cover Colter on a 3rd-and-long, which resulted in a NWU 1st down at a point in the game when we really needed a stop. Makes me, for one, think his exchange with Pelini was something more than what it appeared (being benched b/c of a penalty).

I thought he got back into the game some time after that.

Nebraska got lucky yesterday, I guess no he hasn't lost the team but bottom line he's not a good coach. You can't say oh we're rebuilding, we're in a new conference and no BS that Bo is learning, he's never been a HC. We struggle to compete with OK teams and constantly have costly turnovers.

I'm still on Bo's bandwagon for now. I think once the defensive talent gets onto the field next year and in 2 years, the defense will again be on the level we expect it to be on.

LOL, Now he hasn't lost the team but he's not a good coach. what's next for you? LOL

Can you tell me why we're a top team for fumbles every year? Can you tell me why Martinez still has horrible form? Why we have costly penalties that lead to scoring drives for the other team? Bo doesn't know how to stop these mistakes.

Bo is not the one fumbling, he is not the one causing penalties...Sooner or later, the players need to take responsibility for the things they do. I'm sure all this stuff pisses Bo off like no other and he wants it to stop also.

Bo is not the one fumbling, he is not the one causing penalties...Sooner or later, the players need to take responsibility for the things they do. I'm sure all this stuff pisses Bo off like no other and he wants it to stop also.

This.

How does it look to recruits and their families when a head coach and a player are yelling at each other

Have you ever heard of an organization called the Marine Corps? Those guys yell at young men a lot, and they still get thousands of superior young men to join up with their families' blessings.

@ss chewings don't happen in a perfect world...because in that perfect world, no one screws up. Also, @ss chewings are seldom fatal, both the earned ones and undeserved ones. At least Pelini and Bell both know what they thought of the whole deal.

An @ss chewing is a tool in the toolbox, just like encouragement or extra coaching. It doesn't fix all problems, but it has its time and place.

• Fire 1