One point wins

Criticize the defense or offense all you want. I don't care. I will take 12 one point wins a year over one 30 point loss a year. I'm proud of the Huskers on the road today. Way to come back!!!!

What about 1 point wins over teams you should beat by 30 and at least two 30 point losses a year? That's where we are at now. Your statement is a far off land from reality. Winning 12 games by one point would mean we are able to win games against tough opponents in primetime when it counts. I would take that in a heartbeat. However, we routinely get dump trucked in those spots while leaving a giant sh!t stain on the field.

• Fire 4

Criticize the defense or offense all you want. I don't care. I will take 12 one point wins a year over one 30 point loss a year. I'm proud of the Huskers on the road today. Way to come back!!!!

What about 1 point wins over teams you should beat by 30 and at least two 30 point losses a year? That's where we are at now. Your statement is a far off land from reality. Winning 12 games by one point would mean we are able to win games against tough opponents in primetime when it counts. I would take that in a heartbeat. However, we routinely get dump trucked in those spots while leaving a giant sh!t stain on the field.

What makes you think that we should have beat Northwestern by 30? Northwestern is a decent team with a pretty good offense. We were playing at their house, even though it appeared that there were way more Husker fans there. I agree that we should have won by more than just one, but turnovers killed us. There's no way that we should have won by 30.

What makes you think that we should have beat Northwestern by 30? Northwestern is a decent team with a pretty good offense. We were playing at their house, even though it appeared that there were way more Husker fans there. I agree that we should have won by more than just one, but turnovers killed us. There's no way that we should have won by 30.

I guess I was exaggerating expecting to beat them by 30. But the rountiness by which this team plays down to opponents over the last 5 years is disgusting.

That's just silly, because there are quite a few who post on Huskerboard that think if we win its because the other team sucked. If we lose, it's against a team that we should have beat. It's a no win situation for some fans.

Nothing about NW was impressive. I'm sorry. They lived and died by designed runs and the deep ball. However, when we cough the ball up 3 times in our territory, it makes a mediocre team look great. Please stop kidding yourself about NW. The only thing that separates them from Wisconsin was the color of their jerseys. 2 mediocre teams that we squeaked by because we can't take care of the ball.

• Fire 1

I agree with that, JP. Our Huskers are a far better team than we give ourselves credit for, and it stinks that they keep coming out flat enough to not show it on the scoreboard. Hopefully everything is put together for MICH though.

I'm happy someone agrees. I know we are better than this. I'll be a little arrogant in saying NW never had a shot in this game. They are an extremely over touted team with one of the weakest conference schedules. Yet NU will keep a team in the game by over stupid play with penalties and bad turnovers. A mediocre team with a Mobile QB. Oh and hopefully the naysayers will see that we also shut down one of the most dynamic players in the whole conference.

The sloppy play that leads to narrow wins against the likes of Wisconsin and Northwestern (and a narrow loss to UCLA) leads to blowout losses to the likes of Ohio State and Michigan.

The frustrating part is we have the talent to beat the Ohio States and Michigans of the world, we're just far too undisciplined to do so. The only thing were consistent in doing is getting in our own way.

At least we show consistency in one aspect!

• Fire 1

I'll take a one point win myself...But we all know that the team should have won the game by more than that. How many times can one team shoot its self in the foot? Yeah I know I was one of those fans that was ripping the team durin the game...but after all that was said and done I will take a one point win!