One point wins

Criticize the defense or offense all you want. I don't care. I will take 12 one point wins a year over one 30 point loss a year. I'm proud of the Huskers on the road today. Way to come back!!!!

What about 1 point wins over teams you should beat by 30 and at least two 30 point losses a year? That's where we are at now. Your statement is a far off land from reality. Winning 12 games by one point would mean we are able to win games against tough opponents in primetime when it counts. I would take that in a heartbeat. However, we routinely get dump trucked in those spots while leaving a giant sh!t stain on the field.

^ This

You said it HuskerShark, we looked terrible today.

I agree that a win is a win, but sometimes i feel like we play so bad that we dont deserve to win. I am a firm believer in its not wether you win or lose, its how you play the game. We dont start fast, we turn it over, we get out of sync, and we dont play with a sense of urgency. I think many of these factors come down to coaching. Look around the country.

I agree that a win is a win, but sometimes i feel like we play so bad that we dont deserve to win. I am a firm believer in its not wether you win or lose, its how you play the game. We dont start fast, we turn it over, we get out of sync, and we dont play with a sense of urgency. I think many of these factors come down to coaching. Look around the country.

I agree with not being satisfied with the way we win games sometimes, but I am happy that we won. I don't think that there is any doubt that we are capable of playing at a higher level. At this point I just want to be watching Husker football in December and to be honest through 80% of that game I was convinced that we wouldn't be. A win is a win, time to move on to next week, nobody will remember how crappy we played other then we played good enough to win.

I would take a one point win to a loss any day who wouldn't. The thing that concerns me the most isn't that we don't have talent or speed, because I don't think those two are accurate at all. We have a lack of focus problem. I don't know how the staff can get into the heads of the players to get them to realize this, but having the meltdown A Bell had is just another prime example that these KIDS need to buy in and do what they are asked to do.

I would take a one point win to a loss any day who wouldn't.  The thing that concerns me the most isn't that we don't have talent or speed, because I don't think those two are accurate at all.  We have a lack of focus problem.  I don't know how the staff can get into the heads of the players to get them to realize this, but having the meltdown A Bell had is just another prime example that these KIDS need to buy in and do what they are asked to do.

^ That's where I differ. I'm not calling for anyone to be on the hot seat, I just think there is a poised, killer instinct, dominant nature that has to be taught from somewhere, and it's not here. THe kids are talented, especially the 'talentpositions' on offense. But the attitude and execution isn't there.

I don't care about the point margin for games either - wins are always good. But playing bad football for a good portion of a football game is ugly. That Neb was able to come back the way it did agianst NW, to me, just shows how much more talented Neb is, and how much more they 'could' have won the game by.

The announcers said "boy doesnt this feel good" - yes, wins are great, and it's right to celebrate heroic victories, and the greatness of our players. But it's not a satisfying win, or anything that makes a significant statement about the program.

Wins build confidence. Losses seem to bring doubt. Even if it is a one point win, you can build off that. Losses are harder to do that.

I do agree that I think this team is better than what has transpired the last 2 games and the next one is going to show what we are truly made of.

In the meantime, I will enjoy the win for 6 more days

Criticize the defense or offense all you want. I don't care. I will take 12 one point wins a year over one 30 point loss a year. I'm proud of the Huskers on the road today. Way to come back!!!!

Well, we have one 1-point win, and one 25-point loss, so... wait? what was your point again? You like winning? Oh yeah, me too!!

Okay, we have been saying the same thing now for 50 some games now. Hope we have it together next weekend. The kids either are not listening or do not have the talent to do the job. My guess is we have some kids that are capable. The problem is the coaching, not the kids. We need the coaches to do a better job, nothing more, nothing less.

This roller coaster will continue until the coaching steps up to the level they are supposed to be at, most of these kids have been playing football as long as our coaches have been coaching. They have been taught how to tackle, to block and play the game since they were 7-8 years old, but most seem to have forgotten how to or have lost the ability to. We fail to wrap up tackles on a regular basis, looking for the big blown up side block. Basics we should be concentrating seem not be possible as the last two weeks were supposed to be focused on them.

Well maybe next week.

Well maybe by Michigan State.

Well maybe by Iowa.

Well maybe.