What I've decided after this game

What I've decided is this! If the rest of the team consistently played like they want to win as much as Taylor Martinez, then we would never lose a game!

This is true...............the kid doesn't give up and keeps pushing and pushing. Now sometimes that causes him to make mistakes, but I'd much rather have him push and have some success then give up and have zero success.

Definitely.

He's got the spirit.

Brain Kelly is nothing like Tom Osborne, closer to Devaney and similar to Bo, but normally knows when to keep it under control.

And like Jarvis said, if we had a team full of TMagic, we would never lose a game. I wish we could get his fire, determination in a defensive player, just one would make a change in the D I think.

I think they hear the fire amd brimstone too much from Pelini, so it has little affect on them. Needs to calm down a little, not totally, so when he flares it has an affect. But I will say he did handle himself better with the Bell situation than he normally would have.

This is Bo's first head coaching gig, that can't be easy. Especially for a guy who spent his career (so far) worrying only about defense. A head coach is a high-level manager, someone who spends less time than he would like to with the guys who earn the paychecks (players, who earn the wins). It took Devany, Osbourne, and Solich time to figure this out...

The job of the head coach is to set everyone up for success. This includes above all, scoring superior recruits and outstanding specialty(line, d-back, qb) coaches (he hasn't mastered this yet).

Bottom line: this team is Talented, Emotional, and hasn't exhibited any discipline as of yet. Yes, the coaching is responsible. T-mart will never be a leader(mark my words), and for that reason his O-line won't ever overperform. With a national level line, he would be in the Heismann discussion, but this is NU, in 2012.

Here is the bottom line, it will take some time (read: Bo experience) and more than one or two position-coaching switches before this team can be regarded as consistent. It goes without saying that we won't see offensive consistency and dependability with T-mart at the helm.

At NWestern we saw great offensive production, excellent defense(similar to the opening part of the O.S.U. game), and confidence in the face of adversity. The mistakes we saw were inexcusable and should have led to a loss if a 6-1 record is anything. The bottom line is that Bo is a good coach, but he hasn't yet filled all of the assistant coaching positions with people who deserve it. I think the play calling and defense are showing improvement. I would put the criticism on the line(s).