Michigan Predictions

epocSoN

Most message boards the respective fans usually always predict their team to ATLEAST win, especially at home or will predict a close loss that's a heart breaker no matter what game. Not here though. Most fans are homers when it comes to their team or you could say optimistically delusional. On this board a lot of us seem almost negatively delusional and feel as if we have no shot and are about to get dumped trucked on our home turf by the 22 team in the country. I predict that Saturday is our night. We make turnovers but For once not every one of them turn into a touchdown so we get lucky and capitalize on Michigan NOT capitalizing. Nebraska 34 Michigan 24

For every great moment we have had this season ie comeback on the road against NW, comeback at home against Wisky, we have had an unfortunately equal dismal moment, the collapse against OSU, UCLA etc..... We are like 111th in fumbles. To date approximately 44% of the points that have been scored against us came directly from our fumbles. This does not include INT's and special teams. Think about that.............

The whole mystique of NU at home was lost under Cally IMO and hasn't returned. It is no longer a "scary" place to play. It is awesome in its tradition and history, but far from intimidating.

We will need to bring our A game for 4 quarters to beat Michicken. Throw in our inability to stop a mobile QB and we are in for a slug fest. We need to play sound, fundamental football to include the technical aspect (tackle)(fumbles) and assignment (contain, don't over pursue, watch play action) etc if we want to have any chance of winning this game.

IMO, it is obvious we have the talent and abilities to play with anyone in the country. Our offense is potent and our D against NW showed they can play. I hope to see some more of the CB's on an Island and run dime A LOT. Do what teams have and continue to do to us, 8 in the box and dare DR to throw. I like our chances of our DB's against his arm. The key, see Bama, Notre Dame, MSU last year and Iowa is to beat him like a rag doll. Under pressure, DR makes Martinez look calm and collected. Pressure him consistently, constantly and get him to the ground on every play we win. IIRC, UCLA in the 2nd half said that their game plan changed to have the DE crash on Martinez regardless what the play was. Once the ball was snapped, Martinez was targeted (not dirty play, but get to him) and that is what we need to do with DR. He, like Martinez and Miller, is capable of taking it to the house on every touch. If he does, who cares, stick to the plan, adjust don't crap ourselves.

It will be a good chance to see if the D can put together 4 quarters two weeks in a row.

I think we come out, and have some of the problems with turnovers/penalties/errors fixed, but not all. I'm torn between 31-21 NU-MU, and 38-28 NU-MU. Just a gut feeling, but I'm predicting the latter. For those who can't see it... look at the first quarter of the OSU game and the latter part of NW last week. The potential is there, it's getting it done in crunch time. And I think we find a lot more of that this week than we have the last couple weeks.

The real piece is this...

If we can keep the big problem pieces, specifically turnovers, down to 2-3, I think we win like I stated above.

If we can keep them to 0 or 1? I think we win by 21-28 points.

If we hit 4 or more, I think we'll lose by a TD or more.

Should be a great game, and GBR!

Exactly. +1

I think if NEB gives up 4+ turnovers....MICH won't beat NEB by a TD...more like 2 or 3....it could get ugly. However, I don't see that happening....not in Lincoln.

We have the tools to beat Michigan, like some have said. With our continued self-inflicting wounds (penalties), I don't see us winning. Michigan maybe our new Texas. We were allergic to Texas. I still can't get that last home game vs. Texas out of my head. We self-destructed again.....and I believe we had the better team.....

My prediction......Michigan rolls.

We need to put 7 in the box and blitz like hell. This 2-gap, read crap is for the birds. Our d-line have to get off blocks and get penetration and it really hasn't happened this year. Saw tidbits last week. The only reason Northwestern had that 80 yd run.....Santos didn't get off the block in time......that scares me. That's experience.

Maybe the Big Red focuses and gets it done...I don't think so

The only reason Northwestern had that 80 yd run.....Santos didn't get off the block in time......that scares me. That's experience.

I hear you. For me though, I see the simple fact that Santos started as HUGE progress for Bo. He swallowed his pride and played a younger, faster, more inexperienced linebacker over his starters.

Also, for that one play Santos had that gave up a touchdown he had a lot of other really great plays that IMO Fisher/Whaley wouldn't have been able to make. Because he's just that much faster.

My undying contempt for all things Michigan brings me here to say one thing: GO BIG RED!

Thought about coming up for this game, but cant make it. I will be watching. I think it will be a good game, but Robinson may give you fits. Knock him on his butt enough times, and maybe you can get a few turnovers. In the mean time, we will try to put an end to PSU's streak.

I think that we play our cleanest game to date, we will still have a few penalties but we take care of the ball and win the turnover battle. Because of that, I think we win by double digits. I'll say 41-27. Abdullah, Heard and Cross combine for 250 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns, while Martinez throws for another 150 and 2 touchdowns (he adds 60 rushing yards of his own and TD). Shoelace throws 2 picks but rushes for over 100 and throws for over 100, but we hold them to under 350 yards off total offense.

I don't see this game as being very close. I'm predicting the winner will win by at least 17 points or more. Unfortunately, I just don't feel comfortable predicting which team will win. We will either force Shoelace into throwing some INT's cruising to an easy victory, or we'll implode. I hope it's not the latter.

The only reason Northwestern had that 80 yd run.....Santos didn't get off the block in time......that scares me. That's experience.

I hear you. For me though, I see the simple fact that Santos started as HUGE progress for Bo. He swallowed his pride and played a younger, faster, more inexperienced linebacker over his starters.

Also, for that one play Santos had that gave up a touchdown he had a lot of other really great plays that IMO Fisher/Whaley wouldn't have been able to make. Because he's just that much faster.

I completely agree. He is much faster than those two and he had a lot of good plays.