Michigan Predictions

epocSoN

After squeaking by an unranked Northwestern, I find it hilarious that people think this game will be close. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan gets hyped for this game, especially if it's at night. I just hope we don't get raped like last year. I don't know how many more of these I can watch before I throw in the towel.

But if we correct our own issues, we win by 4 scores. Probably more.

But we didnt and we won't and that's the same story for the last several years.

If it does, and yes, you are probably right, but IF it does happen and this game is the one, will you be here Monday to say you were wrong and acknowledge the fact that things may be going in the right direction. My guess is you will not. You will be just like every other neggie that vanishes into thin air when something good happens. If you do, I will commend you. Bitch about the bad, refuse to acknowledge the good. It's becoming a piss poor routine around here.

If it does go south, I WILL still be here, as my sunshine pump will run another notch low, discussing the impending disaster with the board.

Maybe some of you will realize during the week that Michigan can lose this game and their offense can be stopped by our defense, There is plenty of tape on them this year for Bo and his staff to develop strategies to contain Robinson and stop the run.

I fully agree it's possible. It's not the strategy to stop Michigan that worries me, though. The execution is what we've been lacking. Having the proper scheme ready on defense is great, but then your players have to execute it properly through the entire game, and that's what we're really missing on.

It felt like the defense took a good step against NW. But Michigan is going to be much more difficult to stop.

Maybe some of you will realize during the week that Michigan can lose this game and their offense can be stopped by our defense, There is plenty of tape on them this year for Bo and his staff to develop strategies to contain Robinson and stop the run.

Rick Kazinsky. This game is pretty much the reason he's here. He made a career at Iowa stopping Dennard, right?

We turn Denard Robinson into a passer and we pick one of his passes and bat down several more. It's a shootout. We gift them a couple short fields off turnovers, but the defense keeps us in the game. We move the ball well but get stopped from our own miscues again. But at the end of the day we don't get blown out. We are more patient and poised with the home crowd and make slightly fewer mental mistakes. Cam is a key reason the inside run game and QB draw is taken away. We win 38-35.

Braxton Miller is 10 times the QUARTERBACK Dennard Robinson will ever be. And so is Taylor Martinez. If we treat Robinson like a quarterback, he will smoke us. If we treat him like just another running back, just man up press the receivers and do not respect his throwing ability, I believe that would give us the best chance.

I have NO confidence in our coaching staff to make these adjustments. We will play contain and Robinson will smoke us. But this may not even matter as our offense may play like it did saturday and lay egg after egg and get into a hole it cannot escape from.

Who knows...this could be our 2010 Missouri game where we come out sharp and quick and big plays open it up and we hang on.

This team is so Jekyll and Hyde...

I guess I'll make two predictions. The first: we come out sharp and take this game early and hold on and follow that up with a loss to Michigan state and hand first place right back to Michigan.

The second: we play typical modern day nebraska football comprised of lineman pulling opposite directions running into each other, false starting, personal fouls, momentum changing fumbles with a healthy dose of scratch your head playcalling.

Either way...we are who we think we are and I'll send Bill Snyder an autographed picture of me wearing a kstate shirt enclosed in a birthday card next year if we make the B1G title game....