Michigan Predictions

epocSoN

Us favored by 2 sounds like easy money to me...if you take Michigan. I'm very optimistic that we have a chance to keep it close for awhile. But let's put our realistic caps on now folks, we could just as easily be 0-3 in the B1G right now. And you can play the "we battle back and fight to win" card, but as we damned well do that, there are times you just can't get back into the game. We might have been able to erase a two TD deficit to NW, or 3 to an average Wisconsin team, but if Michigan gets up by a few TD's or more, we won't be able to fight to get back into the game. The problem is they have one of the best offenses, with a good receiving corps, RB, and scrambler with Denard. I'm sure the coaches will try a massive containment scheme, but the second Denard breaks a long run or two, everything will go downhill, just like OSU. We have the athletes and coaching to pull off a win here, but i'm just not convinced with this D yet. Siesman played most of the NW game and he was no running risk. Colter didn't even get a ton of opportunities, and their O line was weak. I hope we win and would love to see it because i hate Michigan, and still spiteful about my trip to Ann Arbor last year, but i would not be surprised at a 45-31 type of game in Meechicken favor

Prediction? Husker Board melt down.

Various people accuse others of being "Pelini haters."

Go Big Red. Go get the win Pelini and co.

Man, +1 to this. Strong agree. There's been so much penis measuring on this forum lately.

To the point of Bo finding a way to stop mobile quarterbacks though. I'd say he did that against the lolcats. Colter might not be Braxton or Dennard, but he's just a half step behind them...he's extremely elusive. We made him look like hammered dog sh!t yesterday in my opinion.

Keep Santos on the field. Blitz a little more than we have. Use Stafford and Cooper to cheat up to stop the run. We win.

Yep. And keep Caveman unleashed. There's hope!

There is not a worse passer in the country IMO than Denard Robinson. If we hit him a couple of times early and get him rattled, we should have planty of opportunities for the strength of our defense (the DBs) to pick off a few passes. We just need to CATCH them haha.

You must have not watched MSU offense then.

This is true, outside of Bell who do they have? Their QB is struggling pretty badly from what little I've seen of them. I've got more respect for Robinson because if you take him lightly he's going to make you pay.

Well said Ladyhawke.People need to get behind this team,and coach.Osborne had his share of critics.Beat Michigan!!!

Why is it that the newer members on this board are positive, while the members who have been on here awhile are more negative? I'm thinking they're to young to really understand, TO, didn't win his first NC unitl her was a head coach for 20 years. Yeah, he had tremendous success and fans like some on here were complaining about him to. I agree with this post, Get behind your team or get another team, I for one am sick of all the complaining. Positive vibes vs. negative vibes reflects onto the field. GBR

I dont think your argument here hold much water. There are just as many positive "new" posters as "old" posters, and vice-versa. Age is not the issue here. A poster that's been a member since 04 with 5000 posts could be 23 yrs old where as a member you just joined a week ago could be 60. The other thing is, even if theyre negative, a lot of the veteran poster will legitimately back up their skepticism with facts, numbers, and general observations, as opposed to a lot of the new posters lately just jumping on and "martinez sucks, fire Bo, derpa derpa".

In ending, welcome. There's nothing wrong with positive vs negative discussions. I consider myself to be a full blown sunshine pumper for the most part and have to find just as many that agree as disagree, and usually post numbers dont explain it.

I think people are overlooking one big thing about this Michigan team - they have a great defense (10th nationally, I believe). Not only will our D make Robinson look really good (alah 2011), but their D will make our O look really bad (again, alah 2011). Hope I'm wrong, but that's the realist in me.

Their defense is good, but really only on pass defense. Their rushing defense ranks 7th in the B1G. That plays right to our strength. This can shorten the game and limit the number of touches Denard has.

I'm waiting for a game where we come out firing on all cylinders, it's usually around this time.

2010: Missouri

2011: Michigan State

2012: Michigan

I say we come out on fire, score on our first three possessions, don't allow Michigan a first down until early in the second quarter, and win by 20+. Then crap the bed next week to Michigan State. Like last year ;)

This got me thinking. The complete dominating performances against Mizzou and Michigan State were on these exact weekends, Halloween weekend.

10/30/2010 - Missouri - W 31-17

10/29/2011 - Michigan State - W 24-3

10/27/2012 - Michigan ?

I'm waiting for a game where we come out firing on all cylinders, it's usually around this time.

2010: Missouri

2011: Michigan State

2012: Michigan

I say we come out on fire, score on our first three possessions, don't allow Michigan a first down until early in the second quarter, and win by 20+. Then crap the bed next week to Michigan State. Like last year ;)

This got me thinking. The complete dominating performances against Mizzou and Michigan State were on these exact weekends, Halloween weekend.

10/30/2010 - Missouri - W 31-17

10/29/2011 - Michigan State - W 24-3

10/27/2012 - Michigan ?

So what? There's a correlation between our boys playing well and the week where the co-eds come out of the woodwork with skimpy costumes? :ph34r:

Say it isn't so! :)

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Nebraska has lost just five prime time night games at home - Washington (1991),Texas (2002), USC (2007) Va Tech (2008) & Missouri (2008).

interesting. How many have we played though. What i considered primetime? Is that a term for 7pm game only, or would all the 6pm games we played in over the big12 years qualify? Because if they dont, that maybe kind of a spun comment.