Michigan Predictions

epocSoN

I'm waiting for a game where we come out firing on all cylinders, it's usually around this time.

2010: Missouri

2011: Michigan State

2012: Michigan

I say we come out on fire, score on our first three possessions, don't allow Michigan a first down until early in the second quarter, and win by 20+. Then crap the bed next week to Michigan State. Like last year ;)

This got me thinking. The complete dominating performances against Mizzou and Michigan State were on these exact weekends, Halloween weekend.

10/30/2010 - Missouri - W 31-17

10/29/2011 - Michigan State - W 24-3

10/27/2012 - Michigan ?

So what? There's a correlation between our boys playing well and the week where the co-eds come out of the woodwork with skimpy costumes? :ph34r:

Say it isn't so! :)

I was just saying it is funny that the last two years, it has fallen on this weekend when we have put it together on both sides of the ball. Pure coincidence. Hope in continues.

Going to be ugly. I predict the same standard of 3-4 turnovers and Denard just ripping Nebraska a new Butt hole. Wish this game was a 11am game and on BTN.

This

Yep. 38-20 Shoelaces.

Our only hope is to get a turnover early, punch one in, and knock the wind out of them (a la Mich St. 2011). They get rattled on the road when they make a mistake. I'm considering sending a case of stick 'em to our defense.

And coincidentally, Husker Nation is responding the EXACT same way as they did to us going into the Michigan State game last year:

Yep, count me as shocked at this line...I thought Sparty would open up as 8-9 point favorite. Will be interesting to see who picks us to win...I will be surprised if more than 40% of the press/talking heads pick us to win. Heck, I don't even expect us to win this one.

Vegas is thinking just like the polls. Maybe Nebraska will surprise me but our defense still looks to be behind as a unit and our offense will be facing the best defense yet this year.

I'm truly shocked that the line opened at 4.5 in our favor. I expected it to be 4.5 in MSU's favor.

Would think Mich St would be a 6 -9 pt fav. Line will be closer, by Sat.

GBR!!!

Man oh man I am not that confident...

I think the Spartans should be favored by a touchdown for sure.

• Fire 2

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Nebraska has lost just five prime time night games at home - Washington (1991),Texas (2002), USC (2007) Va Tech (2008) & Missouri (2008).

interesting. How many have we played though. What i considered primetime? Is that a term for 7pm game only, or would all the 6pm games we played in over the big12 years qualify? Because if they dont, that maybe kind of a spun comment.

Dan Hoppen@danhoppen

Interesting stat for Saturday's game: Neb is 36-5 all-time in night home games. Only losses came against teams that ended up with 10+ wins.

I think people are overlooking one big thing about this Michigan team - they have a great defense (10th nationally, I believe). Not only will our D make Robinson look really good (alah 2011), but their D will make our O look really bad (again, alah 2011). Hope I'm wrong, but that's the realist in me.

Their defense is good, but really only on pass defense. Their rushing defense ranks 7th in the B1G. That plays right to our strength. This can shorten the game and limit the number of touches Denard has.

Think the run defense is better than you think. Air Force and Bama kind of skew that statistic.

I think people are overlooking one big thing about this Michigan team - they have a great defense (10th nationally, I believe). Not only will our D make Robinson look really good (alah 2011), but their D will make our O look really bad (again, alah 2011). Hope I'm wrong, but that's the realist in me.

Their defense is good, but really only on pass defense. Their rushing defense ranks 7th in the B1G. That plays right to our strength. This can shorten the game and limit the number of touches Denard has.

Think the run defense is better than you think. Air Force and Bama kind of skew that statistic.

Truth. ^^^^

Their defense is going to be a tough cookie to crack. I think it's obvious, but we're going to have to play a clean game in order to have a chance. If we piss our pants like we did against Northwestern, a good team like UM is gonna stomp us in our own backyard.

I think our offense is capable of putting up points on anybody, but in order for us to do that, we need to...

1. Hold on to the ball
  2. Limit penalties
  3. Get into a healthy rhythm
  4. Don't get caught in 3rd and long situations

Entirely horrible games the last two weeks. No fundamentals (except the D did shine a bit against NW). We have a history of being and up and down team. Despite winning against NW, that was a down performance no doubt.

The story of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde goes on. We down the mysterious red fluid in the lab and come out as maniacal beasts on the field.

Huskers 38

Wolverines 23

And a tip of the hat to Michigan posters....what a fine, generally civil bunch. Well done.

We've scored 27 points in every game. Wisconsin and Michigan are similar in defensive stoutness. The key to our offense will be our defense. Will they put our offense in a position to where the offense isn't scrambling to get points?

I think so. It's a mystery, but this is the point in the year where the D takes a big step forward.

We win this one.