Brouhaha

SIGNED DE Randy Gregory

O8n7o.png

Player: Randy Gregory

Hometown: Yuma, AZ

School: Arizona Western CC

Eligibility: JUCO (3 years to play 3)

Position: DE/OLB (Eric Martin-esque but much taller)

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 240

40 Time: 4.70

Offers: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah

nebraska.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

Highlights

Was a commit back in 2011 for Purdue, I believe he didn't qualify. So, when he got to JUCO and restarted his recruitment he committed to Purdue again, back in early May. Believe there's a real chance here. Will visit for Michigan game this weekend. Says that he considers himself committed to Purdue but believes that he should make sure it's the right place for him first.

I reaaalllly want this guy, seems like a stud. Really quick guy for his size, with an aggressive manner.

Seems like a pretty soft commit from what I've been hearing.

He broke his leg before the season started. Hopefully it heals good and he doesnt end up like Fisher and be jittery on it.

He broke his leg before the season started. Hopefully it heals good and he doesnt end up like Fisher and be jittery on it.

I'd rather have a DE try to come back from a broken leg than a LB. Barry Turner still did pretty well after his (much better than Fisher IMHO), even though he clearly wasn't the same afterwards.

If not for the broken leg, this kid looks like a total beast! Let's not screw up Jason Pierre-Paul part deux. Get him N!

I almost made his profile myself the other night, but this is the body type that I have been waiting for the staff to recruit. Absolutely picture perfect fit for the OLB in a 3-4.

I'd rather have a DE try to come back from a broken leg than a LB. Barry Turner still did pretty well after his (much better than Fisher IMHO), even though he clearly wasn't the same afterwards.

If not for the broken leg, this kid looks like a total beast! Let's not screw up Jason Pierre-Paul part deux. Get him N!

This right here...Texas was recruiting him along with a few SEC teams until he got hurt and then they backed off. If he does come here and gets back to 100%, we could have a real difference maker.

Is very excited for his visit. Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not but he got hurt early in the year and is using a Med RS so he will have 3 years to play. As soon as that happened NU immediately offered him. He said his dad was happy NU joined the big ten and hoped we would recruit his son, and he seemed really happy to get the offer. He wants to see if we can compete with Michigan, and wants to see the atmosphere, said he may commit on the spot if he likes it.

Is very excited for his visit. Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not but he got hurt early in the year and is using a Med RS so he will have 3 years to play. As soon as that happened NU immediately offered him. He said his dad was happy NU joined the big ten and hoped we would recruit his son, and he seemed really happy to get the offer. He wants to see if we can compete with Michigan, and wants to see the atmosphere, said he may commit on the spot if he likes it.

Yeah I also have heard that he is the most likely of any of the recruits to commit on the spot.

He seems like an upgrade over LaCouture, too bad Christian wouldn't consider moving inside to DT, but not fast enough to play DE IMO. It looks like Gregory has a motor and strength and speed, a good fit for what we need at the postion.

After reading on another board, it sounds like there is more to this then just a position move. Nothing was said in particular, just that it will come out soon.

Wrong thread...Should be in the LaCouture thread.

I think he is ours, and soon

agree, wouldnt be surprised to see him pull the lever soon. Where have you been fowler? seems like you havent been on much the last couple weeks

agree, wouldnt be surprised to see him pull the lever soon. Where have you been fowler? seems like you havent been on much the last couple weeks

Been hunting in Canada the last few weeks.

"I'm a Big Ten kid. I grew up in the Big Ten, my dad played in the Big Ten and I've always wanted to play in the Big Ten."

I guess it's a good thing we moved to the Big Ten. :lol:

Nate Clouse (@NateClouse) tweeted at 9:11 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:

RT @GoldandBlackcom: Junior college DE Randy Gregory has decommitted from #Purdue. He's visited Nebraska and Iowa State

(

)

With Lacoture decommited... we really need this guy to fill a DE spot. Especially since he will be able to come in next year and play right away.

We will be pretty thin at DE in 2013.

- Ankrah

- Moss

- McMullen

... that's about it. We'll only have 2 guys with playing experience. Hince, we really need a JuCo guy to step in and play.

With Lacoture decommited... we really need this guy to fill a DE spot. Especially since he will be able to come in next year and play right away.

We will be pretty thin at DE in 2013.

- Ankrah

- Moss

- McMullen

... that's about it. We'll only have 2 guys with playing experience. Hince, we really need a JuCo guy to step in and play.

What about Vestal and Ashburn?

Truth be told I was never terribly excited about Ashburn. Looked like a high effort guy that might be a career STer when he first committed. But Vestal is a huge dude-- 6'5", 260. I though perhaps he had a pretty good future ahead of him when he became a Husker (of course everyone of these kids does :D).

What's the story on either of these guys?

Tobi was another DE recruit but has moved inside now to DL. Needs a lot of development. Early I was reading some nice things about Vestal but he has dropped off the map. I was high on Ashburn and am a little surprised he hasn't done better.

You guys are pretty darn good.

Looks like we've been bumped up to #35 on rivals recruiting class rankings. Our goal should be top 20 by the end of the season