SIGNED DE Randy Gregory

Brouhaha

O8n7o.png

Player: Randy Gregory

Hometown: Yuma, AZ

School: Arizona Western CC

Eligibility: JUCO (3 years to play 3)

Position: DE/OLB (Eric Martin-esque but much taller)

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 240

40 Time: 4.70

Offers: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah

nebraska.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

Highlights

• Plus1 1

Was a commit back in 2011 for Purdue, I believe he didn't qualify. So, when he got to JUCO and restarted his recruitment he committed to Purdue again, back in early May. Believe there's a real chance here. Will visit for Michigan game this weekend. Says that he considers himself committed to Purdue but believes that he should make sure it's the right place for him first.

I reaaalllly want this guy, seems like a stud. Really quick guy for his size, with an aggressive manner.

Seems like a pretty soft commit from what I've been hearing.

He broke his leg before the season started. Hopefully it heals good and he doesnt end up like Fisher and be jittery on it.

I'd rather have a DE try to come back from a broken leg than a LB. Barry Turner still did pretty well after his (much better than Fisher IMHO), even though he clearly wasn't the same afterwards.

If not for the broken leg, this kid looks like a total beast! Let's not screw up Jason Pierre-Paul part deux. Get him N!

He broke his leg before the season started. Hopefully it heals good and he doesnt end up like Fisher and be jittery on it.

I'd rather have a DE try to come back from a broken leg than a LB. Barry Turner still did pretty well after his (much better than Fisher IMHO), even though he clearly wasn't the same afterwards.

If not for the broken leg, this kid looks like a total beast! Let's not screw up Jason Pierre-Paul part deux. Get him N!

This right here...Texas was recruiting him along with a few SEC teams until he got hurt and then they backed off. If he does come here and gets back to 100%, we could have a real difference maker.

Is very excited for his visit. Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not but he got hurt early in the year and is using a Med RS so he will have 3 years to play. As soon as that happened NU immediately offered him. He said his dad was happy NU joined the big ten and hoped we would recruit his son, and he seemed really happy to get the offer. He wants to see if we can compete with Michigan, and wants to see the atmosphere, said he may commit on the spot if he likes it.

Is very excited for his visit. Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not but he got hurt early in the year and is using a Med RS so he will have 3 years to play. As soon as that happened NU immediately offered him. He said his dad was happy NU joined the big ten and hoped we would recruit his son, and he seemed really happy to get the offer. He wants to see if we can compete with Michigan, and wants to see the atmosphere, said he may commit on the spot if he likes it.

Yeah I also have heard that he is the most likely of any of the recruits to commit on the spot.