Is Taylor Martinez as good as Braxton Miller and Denard Robinson?

Not so, according to the Davey O'Brien semifinalist list. I think he was snubbed. Taylor means as much to his team as both Braxton and Denard.

Braxton Stats so far: Passing 59% 1384 yds 11 TD's 5 INT's. Rushing 959 yds 10 TD's.

Shoelace: Passing 53% 1264 yds 9 TD's 9 INT's. Rushing 900 yds 6 TD's.

Taylor: Passing 67% 1615 yds 15 TD's 4 INT's. Rushng 403 yds 6 TD's.

According to these statistics, Taylor definitely deserves to be one of the two BIG qb's on the semifinalist list. Taylor's at least as good if not better than Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville or Marcus Mariotta of Oregon (although Mariotta can scoot!)

Here is a list of the other semifinalists:

http://blog.daveyobr...-semifinalists/

What do you guys think?

• Fire 4

Denard has no business being on that list, anyone with equal TDs to INTs or worse shouldn't be sniffing that list unless they have some other ungodly numbers. Not to mention he's choked in more big games this year than Taylor, and Taylor hardly even choked against OSU.

If you read the criteria, it is tough to make a decision on who should be a finalist. Quarterback skill, athletic ability, academics, character, leadership and sportsmanship. TMart has better skills than Denard and Braxton,(running about equal but far superior in passing). Equal in athletic ability but the rest are subjective. I think he has leadership skills, which he showcased in the game last Sat., but the way he answers questions during pressers makes me think his character and sportsmanship are in question. Now, I'm not a voter, if I was TMart would win, but you have to think that the way he handles the press, compared to the other two, might be the issue here.

I imagine how Taylor would be if he had an offensive line that followed assignments and didn't back him up so much in 3rd and long with penalties. Imagine how Taylor would be behind some of the lines we had in the 90's.

Good point. I'm also impressed that Martinez put up better numbers with a tougher SOS than Michigan. And I was totally surprised he threw fewer INTs than Miller or Robinson. I have been definitely taking his contributions for granted.