Is this a must win game?

OH MY GAWD. Husker glasses on full shade of red. Beyond beievealbe. No wonder we have melt downs.

We get kicked to the curb by Ohio State who has squeaked by everyone but us. Beat Northwestern on a missed field goal and we are going to win the Rose Bowl. How do you get there from the way this team has played.

We get run by anyone we play in the Rose Bowl, God forbid Oregon gets left out of the MNC. I can not even imagine the score they would put on us. Our only salvation would be Scott Frost on his knees begging Kelly to stop.

We go from being out of control for three and half quarters in the Northwestern game to winning the Rose Bowl. Delusional Nebraska fans. WE are known as that, and for good reason it appears.

Yes, this is indeed a must win game. So is the next one against MSU. They are all pretty much must wins from here on out, but the next two are critical. We just need to play more consistant and we can do it. Michigan is not going to come into Lincoln and walk out with a W. I am not taking them lightly, but I feel confident in a nice win this weekend. Going to MSU scares me, they always play pretty tough at home, and have ruined many teams Big Ten title hopes in the past. Go Big Red!!!

If any game is not a must win game, the expectations are to be a mediocre team that is OK with not being a national champion competitor.

I find this talk about must-win as being kind of silly. Maybe that applies to very-long season sports like basketball or baseball with lots of games - having an off night is no big deal. But especially in football (or anything you want to be 'great at'), every game is must win, no loss is acceptable or good.

If you need to tell yourself it isn't a must win to 'feel better' or manage expectations, alright - fine. We all get by with being a fan somehow. But in any sort of serious way, this must-win stuff is ridiculous.

You're not going to get handed a trophy just for thinking about how great it would be to win a football game - you have to earn it. You 'must. win.' it.

OH MY GAWD. Husker glasses on full shade of red. Beyond beievealbe. No wonder we have melt downs.

We get kicked to the curb by Ohio State who has squeaked by everyone but us. Beat Northwestern on a missed field goal and we are going to win the Rose Bowl. How do you get there from the way this team has played.

We get run by anyone we play in the Rose Bowl, God forbid Oregon gets left out of the MNC. I can not even imagine the score they would put on us. Our only salvation would be Scott Frost on his knees begging Kelly to stop.

We go from being out of control for three and half quarters in the Northwestern game to winning the Rose Bowl. Delusional Nebraska fans. WE are known as that, and for good reason it appears.

No more delusional than your categorizing one man's opitimistic post as a view representative of the entire fanbase except yourself.

Sun shine all the crap you want, you know as well as I know that is not going to happen. To do it, it means Nebraska winning 8 games in a row. When was the last time a Pelini coached Nebraska team did that? Get real.

We may get there, and hope for sure we do, but the likely hood is about as good as you every being realistic, not gonna happen.

More likely is we lose a couple more games, possibly three.

I will be hear for the crow, and you will be here spreading garbage like most posts.

Sun shine all the crap you want, you know as well as I know that is not going to happen. To do it, it means Nebraska winning 8 games in a row. When was the last time a Pelini coached Nebraska team did that? Get real.

We may get there, and hope for sure we do, but the likely hood is about as good as you every being realistic, not gonna happen.

More likely is we lose a couple more games, possibly three.

I will be hear for the crow, and you will be here spreading garbage like most posts.

Easy turbo. Didnt mean to ruffle the feathers. My goodness, just givin a hard time. Talk about wound up.

Yea as stated not having a good day. I have 4 towers down, winds in the 70's and trying to get them back up. 8 people off sick, and two do not have four wheel drive vehicles. Started early this morning about 3am. Looks like I am headed out to climb a 100 foot tower in the wind, not looking forward to it by any means. Again sorry for the smart remarks.

Yea as stated not having a good day. I have 4 towers down, winds in the 70's and trying to get them back up. 8 people off sick, and two do not have four wheel drive vehicles. Started early this morning about 3am. Looks like I am headed out to climb a 100 foot tower in the wind, not looking forward to it by any means. Again sorry for the smart remarks.

And... you're on Huskerboard keying away. Funny how that works. I feel your pain. :D

• Fire 1

I would usually disagree with such a spouting of negativity, but your logic is sound. We just aren't a very good team at all. We haven't beat anyone this season that counts for anything. We got beat by two mediocre teams and we made both of them look much, much better than they are.

I never thought of it quite this way... I do know that after the Northwestern game I said... great we won, but we should have won by 20.

Maybe I was wrong. We shouldn't win by 20. We just aren't that team. We are how we play, so time to stop making excuses and pretending that we are more than we are.

Must win? Certainly... but if we lose, the sun will rise. I'll probably stop caring about NU for several months. Meh.

Not going to the tower, came back up!

Not meant to be a negative post, just stating facts about where we have been this year and the thought that we could win the Rose Bowl.

We belong in a second tier bowl at the highest. We may get to the Rose Bowl, my betting would be against that, but we do not belong in that game period. If we get there I will be cheering for the team just like I do every weekend, but will never think we belong there with this team.

Who knows the lights may come on and we destroy the rest of the schedule. If that happens then maybe we belong there who knows. But this is a very weak conference this year and our two best teams can not go to the CCG. We really have beaten no one that is ranked or even close to it. Ohio State Bitch slapped us, UCLA beat us with freshmen and we beat Northwestern on a missed field goal.

How someone can think or expect or dream we could beat a team like Oregon is beyond me. Sorry just the realist and history buff in me.

These are facts, not dreams. I try to stay away from lala land. It makes seeing what is happening easier to deal with.