Is this a must win game?

Taylor did a fantastic job on those drives. In honesty we actually looked like a team. But overall it was not a great performance, and it was not a against a major power. Northwestern has a great coach and they play inspired ball at times. We won and that is all that matters to most.

Now the real question.

Do you believe after beating Northwestern, we are on target to beat Oregon? Do you really feel we have a legitimate shot at beating a top BCS program?

If so, what gives you the confidence that we have reached that level.

We also beat Northwestern on a fantastic drive to put us ahead and a good enough stand by our defense to force a tough 53 yard field goal.

I would certainly be more willing to believe your posts were realists if they didn't constantly overlook these types of things in favor of the continual pessimism.

No mention of the 3 and out to get us the ball back quick enough for us to get the second score WITHOUT being in panic mode.

We also beat Northwestern on a fantastic drive to put us ahead and a good enough stand by our defense to force a tough 53 yard field goal.

I would certainly be more willing to believe your posts were realists if they didn't constantly overlook these types of things in favor of the continual pessimism.

This team definitely has flashes of brilliance, but what concerns me is that they're few and far between among mistakes, penalties, and just plain flat performance. Most of the teams we'll face the rest of this season won't afford us 1 quarter to play flat and make mistakes, let alone 3 of them.

Not going to the tower, came back up!

Not meant to be a negative post, just stating facts about where we have been this year and the thought that we could win the Rose Bowl.

We belong in a second tier bowl at the highest. We may get to the Rose Bowl, my betting would be against that, but we do not belong in that game period. If we get there I will be cheering for the team just like I do every weekend, but will never think we belong there with this team.

Who knows the lights may come on and we destroy the rest of the schedule. If that happens then maybe we belong there who knows. But this is a very weak conference this year and our two best teams can not go to the CCG. We really have beaten no one that is ranked or even close to it. Ohio State Bitch slapped us, UCLA beat us with freshmen and we beat Northwestern on a missed field goal.

How someone can think or expect or dream we could beat a team like Oregon is beyond me. Sorry just the realist and history buff in me.

These are facts, not dreams. I try to stay away from lala land. It makes seeing what is happening easier to deal with.

If (and it may be a a big 'if') Nebraska gets to the Rose Bowl, they absolutely DESERVE to be playing there!

Same goes for Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, or any other B1G team that may win the conference this year. Winner goes!