From a Northwestern fan...

This was shared from a NW fan's Facebook:

"I met a lot of very polite, down-to-earth Nebraska fans before and after the game, and if I'm just judging by quality of character, you were plenty nice.

That said, you're a bunch of dicks.

I've seen plenty of lop-sided crowds over the years at Ryan, but something yesterday just hit a raw nerve. All I kept thinking about is how a game like this is important in getting un-affiliated casual Chicago fans to experience Ryan Field first hand and perhaps gets them hooked for years to come. I kept thinking about how hard our players work to be in a position to play an important game, and how they deserve better support. And then I think about how none of it mattered, because a bunch of Nebraskans (or Iowans, or you name it) cut off any opportunity at a bandwagon effect before it even has a chance to get rolling. If it had been a walk-up crowd that was just bigger… well, then fine. However, Nebraskans manipulated our season ticket packages to claim those seats before the single game even went on sale (and a big shame on Jim Phillips for not enacting much more stringent controls on access to additional game tickets for season ticket holders). How many casual Chicago fans never even had a shot at that game? Do we expect to hook anyone new as fans if the only available gameday experiences are to the dregs of the conference / non-conference weaklings? How many current season ticket holders get driven away because they need to share their section every big game with somebody rooting for he other team (especially relatively new season ticket holders who are in the boundary sections)?

Nebraska fans ? you think you are nice, but the very fact that you take those tickets means that you are hurting our fans, hurting our players, and hurting our program. Our school deserves our own atmosphere. You may have been personally nice, but I never wanted a crowd to leave disappointed more in my life. Don't come back ? you're not our friends and you're not doing us any favors. If you do want to come back again, I hope that it's much harder, much more expensive, and much less pleasant the next time around (not to imply violence or crudeness, because that's not what we're about, but I don't want you to feel welcome either)."

"I met a lot of very polite, down-to-earth Nebraska fans before and after the game, and if I'm just judging by quality of character, you were plenty nice.

I've seen plenty of lop-sided crowds over the years at Ryan, but something yesterday just hit a raw nerve. All I kept thinking about is how a game like this is important in getting un-affiliated casual Chicago fans to experience Ryan Field first hand and perhaps gets them hooked for years to come. I kept thinking about how hard our players work to be in a position to play an important game, and how they deserve better support. And then I think about how none of it mattered, because a bunch of Nebraskans (or Iowans, or you name it) cut off any opportunity at a bandwagon effect before it even has a chance to get rolling. If it had been a walk-up crowd that was just bigger… well, then fine. However, Nebraskans manipulated our season ticket packages to claim those seats before the single game even went on sale (and a big shame on Jim Phillips for not enacting much more stringent controls on access to additional game tickets for season ticket holders). How many casual Chicago fans never even had a shot at that game? Do we expect to hook anyone new as fans if the only available gameday experiences are to the dregs of the conference / non-conference weaklings? How many current season ticket holders get driven away because they need to share their section every big game with somebody rooting for he other team (especially relatively new season ticket holders who are in the boundary sections)?

Nebraska fans ? you think you are nice, but the very fact that you take those tickets means that you are hurting our fans, hurting our players, and hurting our program. Our school deserves our own atmosphere. You may have been personally nice, but I never wanted a crowd to leave disappointed more in my life. Don't come back ? you're not our friends and you're not doing us any favors. If you do want to come back again, I hope that it's much harder, much more expensive, and much less pleasant the next time around (not to imply violence or crudeness, because that's not what we're about, but I don't want you to feel welcome either)."

Wow...........what a wuss...........(I'm guessing he's one of those non-competitive types that believes there really shouldn't be winners or losers .................just give everyone a pink "participation" ribbon.)

How did Husker fans "Deny" Chicago area alums an opportunity? Couldn't they have taken the season ticket offer if it was so great?

I hope this guy isn't representative of Northwestern fans in general............and I'm guessing he's not...............but this little whine is embarrassing.

• Fire 1

fat-guy-nc-state-10-6-12.gif

• Fire 1

You may have been personally nice, but I never wanted a crowd to leave disappointed more in my life. Don't come back ? you're not our friends and you're not doing us any favors. If you do want to come back again, I hope that it's much harder, much more expensive, and much less pleasant the next time around (not to imply violence or crudeness, because that's not what we're about, but I don't want you to feel welcome either)."

He seems pretty conflicted.

• Fire 1

The sad thing for this guy is... those Nebraska fans buying up those tickets did help NW, by quite a bit. Regardless of whether it builds their fan base, you better believe the athletic department was cheering for joy when the dollars rolled in off all the tickets were bought, regardless of how the stadium looked regarding Red v. Purple. HE may not like it... but the AD was celebrating for that extra money he gets to plug in to the budget this year. Don't like it? Then start pumping NW up around you. Do more to get the Chicago crowd involved and focused on the team. But complaining on your FB page, of all places, about Nebraskans buying the tickets? How utterly pointless can you be?

• Fire 1

why does he talk about 'casual Chicagoans who may wanted tickets'??

like 15,000 people just took the purple and brown lines to Evanston and happened to be walking by and couldn't get tickets to the game cuz our fans kick ass!

why couldn't those same casual fans who may be 'hooking onto the bandwagon' hook on during their other 6 home games?

like chuck said, we helped them by selling out their little stadium.

• Fire 2