Future eligibility for National Championship

I strongly believe that in the not too distant future for any school to be eligible to play in a BCS game, and therefore the national championship game, that school must belong to a conference that has a conference championship game. This includes Notre Dame. They have not been a big BCS threat, and granted they play a tough schedule year in and year out, but enough is enough. Every school should have to go through the same rigors of getting to a BCS game. If KSU or OU win the Big 12 without a championship game that is kind of unfair for them to go to a BCS game when schools in the PAC 12, Big 10, SEC and others have to go through the perils of a conference championship game. I truly hope the school presidents, BCS and NCAA look at this issue in the not too distant future.

Also, if you can go through your schedule, CCG or not, you deserve a BCS shot. If KSU goes undefeated, they hands down deserve to go. This is why SOS goes into the ranking schools. To have an 8 game playoff, are you going to cut down your preseason schedule? 4 preseason games, 8 conference games, 1 CCG, and then 2 playoff games, and a NCG? Way too many games, it will NEVER happen.

Also, if you can go through your schedule, CCG or not, you deserve a BCS shot. If KSU goes undefeated, they hands down deserve to go. This is why SOS goes into the ranking schools. To have an 8 game playoff, are you going to cut down your preseason schedule? 4 preseason games, 8 conference games, 1 CCG, and then 2 playoff games, and a NCG? Way too many games, it will NEVER happen.

Take out two OOC games.

Then the ones that do not make it lose revenue. Never going to happen taking games away. Only the eight would benefit.

I agree Notre Dame is going to have to join a conference. Their rise to the top this year really beating no one will end this weekend.

I do think that strength of schedule will become much more important and the teams that schedule harder out of conference games will be rewarded rather than penalized.

i have not read much of this, but i always thought that conferences like the wac and big east should have had their conference champs play each other for an automatic bid. obviously connecticut did not belong in 2010 as the big east was (is) a joke. but between the wac (or similar conference) and the big east, you could get a deserving team. i think the ncaa (a joke) needs to look at some creative solutions like this. say what you will about college basketball, the ncaa mostly nailed march madness (they need to just leave it alone now).