Refs

On a serious note, I've been told that the refs don't even know where they are going until they get to the airport and get their tickets. Just trying to make things as impartial as possible and also decrease any chances of fixes.

Seems doubtful. Seems like a lot of times a ref would be close enough to drive to games. And if he's from Pennsylvania and doing a game in Nebraska he's going to have to leave a lot earlier than doing a game at Penn St, or even Northwestern with a direct flight. Plus he's going to have to pack for any kind of weather? I don't know the answer but that doesn't make sense to me.

Whoever the refs are, there's no doubt they won't know the rules (until someone finally actually reads the rule book and shows that they got it right) and most certainly will be biased against us. :sarcasm

I sat by a Big 12 ref last year on a flight. He was flying to a Big 12 zebra meeting to learn about rule changes for the upcoming season. I asked him (mostly jokingly) when do the refs meet with the conference officials before a game (implying the were meeting to figure out who would win the game)? I made reference to the A&M game our last year in the conference. Couldn't resist getting a dig in.

On a related note, we've had some really good refereeing crews this year, haven't we? Haven't seen hardly a single "blame the refs" thread so far this season.

Last week's game was comically bad, I thought. Even if we would have lost, the Fire Bo! threads would drown out any Blame the Refs! threads.