announcers NU vs. Mich

Anyone else HATE how many "corn" features are tacked onto commercial breaks. For heavens sake, show downtown Lincoln, the Haymarket, Campus, aerial stadium shots... but Herbie running through corn stalks?! Really?

That was at the corn maze at Vala's Pumpkin Patch just outside of Omaha. They had Herbie in several places at Vala's, which they described as a Lincoln-area attraction.

Regardless of where its filmed, Nebraska translates to Californians (who are, by in large, ignorant about anywhere outside of California) as being nothing but fields of corn. As far as anyone watching the games at Nebraska knows, fields of corn surround the stadium.

pretty much right...that is, for anyone in California that knows enough about U.S. geography to know that Nebraska is in the Mid-West.

They opened the game by calling us the Cornhumpers.

Lol I caught that too but to me during the 2 hour replay it sounds more like "Cornhuggers".

Could be, someone said that in the game discussion thread.

They called Damion Stafford "Damon". That kind of mistake would have been acceptable, but combined with all the other flubs it's a bad look.

But....not to be outdone by her comrades in the booth, the sideline reporter (the woman with the crooked boxer's nose, dressed like a bag lady) made a comment about "John Baptist" when talking about Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Hey, I think SJB is a pretty good player, and he may be a great guy...but I don't think he should be raised to the level of the guy who baptised Jesus...

Ha ha! John (the) Baptist. I missed that one. So, I assume his throwback jersey would be made of camel hair, right?

Anyone else HATE how many "corn" features are tacked onto commercial breaks. For heavens sake, show downtown Lincoln, the Haymarket, Campus, aerial stadium shots... but Herbie running through corn stalks?! Really?

It's Nebraska. Outside of your glorious Lincoln and Omaha, corn is all there is. And some cows.

Yeah, that.

I live in a non-Omaha-or-Lincoln part of the state. There really is nothing else here.

If you're going to have Herbie running around at a pumpkin patch around Halloween, at least get it done at Roca Berry Farm, which actually IS a Lincoln institution.

And for those saying there's nothing but corn and cows in out-state Nebraska... just stop. I live in out-state Nebraska for many years, and if you guys can't be bothered to actually find the many jewels in the state that aren't in Omaha and Lincoln, don't bother to comment on them. Just because you don't want to acknowledge them and like playing this game doesn't mean others appreciate it. I love this state and ALL the areas of it. Stop disparaging the rest of the state and playing right into the hands of those from the coasts that think that's all we are.

All right, to get back on topic, I caught brief snippets of the announcers once in a while. I thought their commentary was pretty biased towards Michigan most of the time. However, the 'phantom' pass interference call even left them scratching their heads, which I thought showed just how bad that call was. I usually watch the TV with family in the room, but have the computer in front of me and have the HSN broadcast streaming so I can listen to Greg. Much rather listen to our guys than most TV announcers.

If you're going to have Herbie running around at a pumpkin patch around Halloween, at least get it done at Roca Berry Farm, which actually IS a Lincoln institution.

And for those saying there's nothing but corn and cows in out-state Nebraska... just stop. I live in out-state Nebraska for many years, and if you guys can't be bothered to actually find the many jewels in the state that aren't in Omaha and Lincoln, don't bother to comment on them. Just because you don't want to acknowledge them and like playing this game doesn't mean others appreciate it. I love this state and ALL the areas of it. Stop disparaging the rest of the state and playing right into the hands of those from the coasts that think that's all we are.

haha - you've found one of the many local watering holes located in each little town of western Nebraska haven't you? I grew up back there. You're right - there's wheat too! Face it, there is nothing there. 99% of the people there will admit that. The ones that can't just don't realize what else is out there - or didn't like it when they found it. Nothing wrong w/ either. But the fac that there's nothing there is what's great about it. But let's not pretend the greater part of Nebraska has much to offer anyone that wasn't already a small town kid to start with.

My roommate and I complain about this every time we have a big game on national TV.

For the love of Pete, can we please stop reinforcing the stereotype that all we do in the Midwest is play in corn?!

I know that crap drives me crazy. Ok see ya guys. I'm off to go hunting. Luckly it only takes me 5min to get to my hunting spot. The farmer just cut the last of his corn.