The Road Ahead - Final 1/3 of the Season

knapplc

The only concerning thing to me is how we're swapping wins for losses last year and a loss for a win last year. Last year, we lost to Wisconsin; Michigan; and Northwestern. This year, we've beat those three. Last year, we beat Ohio State. This year, they took us behind the shed. I'm more than a little concerned about Michigan State and Penn State for this reason.

There's no logical reason why we should lose those games simply because we flipped around wins/losses to Wisky, OSU and Michigan. We are better overall than Penn State and Sparty. We should win those games. Nebraska being Nebraska, that's not a guarantee. But we won't lose those games because we won them last year.

Yes, but I'm superstitous!

• Fire 1

Very good post Knapp. I agree with pretty much all of it. I think we should be picked to win all of the rest of our games. (yes, I know MSU is a 1.5 point favorite but I don't believe they should be).

That doesn't mean we ARE going to win all of them. But, we should.

After living in Iowa for 15 years, I especially got a kick out of that part.

That said, Wisky in the CCG really concerns me. Our HS team just got beat in the playoffs by a team that they killed in the regular season. Anytime you play a team twice in a season it is dangerous.

Remember Washington in the bowl game? I know the motivation should be better in the CCG than in the bowl game but the issue still remains.

Knapplc!! This is an amazing post man. I honestly thought I was reading the LJS or the OWH, Sam's articles not Sipples or anyone like that.

Hey man I was in Lincoln this past Saturday with Paul Crew, Speed kinda snubbed us. Planning on coming up for the Penn State game. Should we do a Huskerboard tailgate or something????????????????

As I posted after the horrific OSU loss. If we beat NW and Mich we are going to win the division. Period. IMO we can still drop one more game and still win the Legends because we have the tie-breaker over NW and Mich. Without Robinson Mich can lose any game, and they WON'T go into Columbus and win at the end of the year regardless of their QB. We are going to face Wiscy again, and play where we first lost. PASADENA

First time since 99' we will have won a damn conference title. FINALLY!

250px-rose_bowl_game_logo.png?w=470

Love the enthusiam man! But lets remember, the most important number right now is 7. We have to get to 7 wins before we get to 8, etc.

I have a bad feeling about going to east lansing. They are going to blitz the sh#t out of martinez.

Let them, and if they press our WR's, even better. Our WR's are much faster, and I am sure Martinez wouldn't mind lobbing a few to Bell, Turner and Enunwa out deep. If they don't press, then we will just have to march the ball down the field in 5 yard portions. I am really hoping we play our big boys this weekend and tire out their Dline by the 4th. Janovich, Heard and Cross, I definitely exect to see some action, and leave Abdullah fresh to hit those long strides at the end.

I am going to the Iowa game, as its only 2 hours from me lol. It should be a blast, and I hope to see a LOT of red there. Maybe do a joint tailgate? Lol

Either way, with Sparty, we put up at least 21 points, we will win this game. I don't see them putting no more than 17 on us.

As for the matchup in Indi, you very well could see Nebraska vs Indiana. They are a scoring machine, and Wisconsin looks like they could have 2 or maybe 3 more losses.

I have also heard that Robinson will possibly not be seeing the field for the next couple games, and if that is the case, they could see a couple more L's.

Good write up knapp! Definitely loved reading it.

As I posted after the horrific OSU loss. If we beat NW and Mich we are going to win the division. Period. IMO we can still drop one more game and still win the Legends because we have the tie-breaker over NW and Mich. Without Robinson Mich can lose any game, and they WON'T go into Columbus and win at the end of the year regardless of their QB. We are going to face Wiscy again, and play where we first lost. PASADENA First time since 99' we will have won a damn conference title. FINALLY! 250px-rose_bowl_game_logo.png?w=470
Love the enthusiam man! But lets remember, the most important number right now is 7. We have to get to 7 wins before we get to 8, etc.

Trust me I know, but sick of this patty cake philosiphy. We are better than everyother team this year besides OSU, and they can't even play for the title. Pelini needs to make it happen, and I think we will. I bet 50 to win 500 for us to win out when the line came out after Ohio St game. Also bet 250 on us to just win the past 2 weeks and I'll do so this Saturday vs Mich St. Call me getting excited, but that's just what's going to happen.

• Fire 2

The only concerning thing to me is how we're swapping wins for losses last year and a loss for a win last year. Last year, we lost to Wisconsin; Michigan; and Northwestern. This year, we've beat those three. Last year, we beat Ohio State. This year, they took us behind the shed. I'm more than a little concerned about Michigan State and Penn State for this reason.

We're not swapping wins for losses, we've swapped ONE win for one loss. It's not some innate thing that we lose every game we won last year...seems a little superstitious to me.

As I posted after the horrific OSU loss. If we beat NW and Mich we are going to win the division. Period. IMO we can still drop one more game and still win the Legends because we have the tie-breaker over NW and Mich. Without Robinson Mich can lose any game, and they WON'T go into Columbus and win at the end of the year regardless of their QB. We are going to face Wiscy again, and play where we first lost. PASADENA First time since 99' we will have won a damn conference title. FINALLY! 250px-rose_bowl_game_logo.png?w=470

Trust me I know, but sick of this patty cake philosiphy. We are better than everyother team this year besides OSU, and they can't even play for the title. Pelini needs to make it happen, and I think we will. I bet 50 to win 500 for us to win out when the line came out after Ohio St game. Also bet 250 on us to just win the past 2 weeks and I'll do so this Saturday vs Mich St. Call me getting excited, but that's just what's going to happen.

I agree man! We NEED to win the conference this year. NEED to.