Worth noting....

Comish

To be fair, we beat Michigan and Ohio State with their backup QBs in the game. I realize it's part of the game, but those injuries really turned the tide in our favor.

Who cares if they had their backups in, that just shows the better TEAM won the game. A team shouldn't be based off one individual, and if it is, your setting yourself up for doom. They didn't have a their backups ready, thats their fault. Michigan, we would have won that game with Robinson in, we had him well contained, and our offense would have been way more aggressive than they were when he went out.

when they generate 68% of the offense it matters a little.

Whose fault is it that 70% of Michigan's offense is one person? Certainly not ours. It's up to them to spread it around so that when the inevitable happens, they can still move the ball. And it is inevitable that he gets injured because they use him too much. It's like Nebraska 2 years ago.

Its funny you bring up the OSU game as an example of our failure, but you fail to mention that we had a different scheme coming into the Michigan game, with DIFFERENT players on the field. We had faster, more explosive players, who were given assignments and were well coached. We pressed their WR's, contained rather than bringing pressure, and we used our DB's to stop the run game. Something we did not do against OSU. We relied on our LB's and DL to do the job, with our Safety in zone to help prevent a big run. Same style of defense went into the Northwestern and Michigan game, but the scheme was way different.

same TEAM though. and Robinson was on pace to have a 150+ rushing day. they were one big play from swinging the game. same for ohio state, 1 big play swung the game. fortunately for us, against michigan the big play happened to be robinson ending up on the sidelines. who knows how it would have gone otherwise. it's not like we were dominating them up to that point. we were playing solid...but like I said - we've started game playing solid and fizzed out.

Its funny you bring up the OSU game as an example of our failure, but you fail to mention that we had a different scheme coming into the Michigan game, with DIFFERENT players on the field. We had faster, more explosive players, who were given assignments and were well coached. We pressed their WR's, contained rather than bringing pressure, and we used our DB's to stop the run game. Something we did not do against OSU. We relied on our LB's and DL to do the job, with our Safety in zone to help prevent a big run. Same style of defense went into the Northwestern and Michigan game, but the scheme was way different.

same TEAM though. and Robinson was on pace to have a 150+ rushing day. they were one big play from swinging the game. same for ohio state, 1 big play swung the game. fortunately for us, against michigan the big play happened to be robinson ending up on the sidelines. who knows how it would have gone otherwise. it's not like we were dominating them up to that point. we were playing solid...but like I said - we've started game playing solid and fizzed out.

Oh man I love how you can assume the outcome of that game without it even happening. You don't think we could have stopped him from getting in the endzone? Your analysis is completely ridiculous. 150 yard rushing game for Robinson? He had 46 rushing yards in the 1st half!!!

I understand the agonizing over some of our losses and the roller coaster of performances on a weekly basis.

But on the positive side, I think it’s worth noting that just 1 and ½ seasons into the Big 10 conference, we have already defeated ALL of the “traditional” top teams in the league. Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Penn St, and Iowa. We also have victories over Northwestern and Minnesota and have yet to play traditional bottom feeders Purdue, Illinois and Indiana.

For those who wandered about our ability to compete, I’d say the question is well answered.

It's easy to overlook the positives you highlighted here b/c we have been such an inconsistent and unpredictable team. If we can find a way to consistently win the turnover battle each game and play well in the big matchups (the jury is still out on that as far as I'm concerned), then we can reach the next step of actually winning the conference, and that's what really matters.

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that they feel this team is more like the 2009 team in how they came on stronger after some tough losses early on, and I would agree with that sentiment IF we find a way to get through the next 4 games without reverting back to the sloppy form we've already seen a few times this season, which is more reminiscent of our 2010 and 2011 squads, espcially in November.

Oh man I love how you can assume the outcome of that game without it even happening. You don't think we could have stopped him from getting in the endzone? Your analysis is completely ridiculous. 150 yard rushing game for Robinson? He had 46 rushing yards in the 1st half!!!

the same way you assume our offense would have been different if he hadn't gone out of the game? and I love how you consider a 1 point lead with over a half of football left dominating a team. ah, Nebraska has fallen far. Case in point: HuskerNationNick.

and I love how you consider a 3 point lead with over a half of football left dominating a team. ah, Nebraska has fallen far. Case in point: HuskerNationNick.

Considering you and many others thought we were going to lose that game, we were on a great path. If I remember right, 3 point lead means your still winning, and starting 2nd half with the ball to put that lead up further.

Its 'fans' like you that put a damper on positive things.

and I love how you consider a 3 point lead with over a half of football left dominating a team. ah, Nebraska has fallen far. Case in point: HuskerNationNick.

Considering you and many others thought we were going to lose that game, we were on a great path. If I remember right, 3 point lead means your still winning, and starting 2nd half with the ball to put that lead up further.

starting the second half we were up by 1 point and losing the time of possession battle something like 21 minutes to 9. That "one of the best in the nation" offense hadn't even showed up yet. that's not dominating, that's treading water.

1st quarter we had a total of 8 rushing yards, second quarter 38. our ol' reliable was innefective. meanwhile they had just put up 81 in the second quarter on our D as they started to wear down.

(oh, and we'd already turned the ball over and had 60 yards of penalties) - not exactly dominating.

and we started the second half with another turnover. typical skers.

starting the second half we were up by 1 point and losing the time of possession battle something like 21 minutes to 9. That "one of the best in the nation" offense hadn't even showed up yet. that's not dominating, that's treading water.

1st quarter we had a total of 8 rushing yards, second quarter 38. our ol' reliable was innefective. meanwhile they had just put up 81 in the second quarter on our D as they started to wear down.

(oh, and we'd already turned the ball over and had 60 yards of penalties) - not exactly dominating.

and we started the second half with another turnover. typical skers.

I am just doing what your doing, and assuming things would be different if Robinson was in the game :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

To be fair, we beat Michigan and Ohio State with their backup QBs in the game. I realize it's part of the game, but those injuries really turned the tide in our favor.

Who cares if they had their backups in, that just shows the better TEAM won the game. A team shouldn't be based off one individual, and if it is, your setting yourself up for doom. They didn't have a their backups ready, thats their fault. Michigan, we would have won that game with Robinson in, we had him well contained, and our offense would have been way more aggressive than they were when he went out.

It seemed that either Michigan's defense answered their coaches pleas to buckle down or our offense tried too hard Texas 2010 style and did not fully capitlize on the injury. We won the game, and that is all that matters. Most of us already had that game as a loss before the first snap.

Under what math is this true? He had 46 yards in 27.5 minutes of play. That would be exactly 100 yards on the game. We were containing him very well.

He averaged 4.6 per carry, with a long of 7 where he got hurt. If they want him to carry 33 times and try to beat us, good luck.