O8n7o.png

Player: Boaz Joseph

Hometown: Weston, FL

School: Cypress Bay

Position: CB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 190

40 time: 4.5

Offers: Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin

Z00nMZN.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

Highlights

The staff is looking at him as both a safety and cornerback

safety? at 190?? needs to put on some weight if he wants to play safet IMHO

Sure, but 190 for a HS safety is fine.

Yup. 195 to 200 is plenty for a safety. A little less would still be alright with the right skills. Sure, it would be great to have 225 pound freaks playing safety, but those are rare and I care a lot more about coverage skills and tackling ability than bulk.

Yup. 195 to 200 is plenty for a safety. A little less would still be alright with the right skills. Sure, it would be great to have 225 pound freaks playing safety, but those are rare and I care a lot more about coverage skills and tackling ability than bulk.

Agreed. Mike brown and mike minter, two of our greatest safties, played around 190. Ill take attitude and instincts over that extra 25 lbs anyday!

I am not worried about our DB recruiting this year at all. We have some SOLID prospects who have us in their top 3.

-Priest Willis

-Dashon Hunt

-Mackenzie Alexander (hasn't visited but LOVES coach Joseph)

-Johnathan Cook (Though committed... it's soft. He's more of a prospect than a commit)

- Boaz Joseph (like said above, really really good athlete who just needs coaching)

We are VERY apt to land 2 of these guys. And our safety position is already filled with solid commits.

I would like to see more play making. raw gifted players still make plays in high school. He just has good measurables from all I see.

Really could wrap up better upon contract. Also parts vertical way to much, meaning he stands a lot choosing him explosions out of grid cuts and breaks and will lose the physical battles one on one every time with his height.

All very correctable habits that many taller corners deal with. Remind me a lot of SJB in body type and movement. Potential is there could be a steal. Pre official visit and meeting with staff I'd say he's a contingency plan. After the weekend who knows

Would guess he'd be a safety in college. Hips aren't good enough to be a CB, but could see him grow into a pretty good safety.

His footwork needs to improve, but I could definitely see him as a safety. Would need some time to develop, but he has a good frame for the position and a good instinct for the ball.

Vincent Valentine has his grill in when he signed on LOI day I think. If they can play I don't care if they look like a thug, as long as they don't act like a thug.

• Upvote 1

This is a strange offer to me... Why? Well we have plenty of bodies at DB, just need more elite talent. I think this kid has the skillset of a Safety but the size of a corner.... so I don't really see him seeing the field here. He can't move his hips well enough to be a CB or NB, but he's not big enough to be a safety... interesting.

This is a strange offer to me... Why? Well we have plenty of bodies at DB, just need more elite talent. I think this kid has the skillset of a Safety but the size of a corner.... so I don't really see him seeing the field here. He can't move his hips well enough to be a CB or NB, but he's not big enough to be a safety... interesting.

I'm not a professional evaluator of hip movement, but I didn't see anything in that video that proved that he has fast or slow hips. 75% of the plays were run plays and I didn't see a single pass play where he had to turn his his hips quickly and run. It appears that their coaches are teaching them to line up halfway turned to the receiver so you don't really get to see him turn quickly. Is there a specific point in the video where you noticed he can't move his hips well? Maybe I'm not looking at the same video.

No disrespect, but i'm sure the coaches have a reason. one that comes to mind, is maybe just getting a foothold back in the south, especially Florida.

Maybe he has a younger brother or a best friend we would like to get. Grease the skids with this offer.

No disrespect, but i'm sure the coaches have a reason. one that comes to mind, is maybe just getting a foothold back in the south, especially Florida.

I'm going to throw out a wild speculation that the coaches offered him because they think he can excel at the game of football.

I'm going to throw out a wild speculation that the coaches offered him because they think he can excel at the game of football.

Totally agree, i don't think you waste an offer on a kid that you don't believe will reach the field on gameday just to land another kid. just throwin out one scenario. with more schollies to throw out this year, they can take chances on a kid that they believe has a high ceiling

Hopefully someone under the radar. No offers from quality SEC schools or Florida St. which seems a bit strange? Wish he could have came for a game. It is a concern to have a Florida kid visit in the dead of winter. Just can't get the true feeling of Husker Football.

GBR

I have faith in the staff, they turned a running back into a first round corner in Prince Amukamara. With that said however this kid does not need some work. Does not tackle well, hits high or wraps up high. But he has a good motor stays with the play and gets off blocks well so he can definitely be turned into a good cornerback or safety. He is tall too and I like that we are recruiting tall cornerbacks.

I have faith in the staff, they turned a running back into a first round corner in Prince Amukamara. With that said however this kid does not need some work. Does not tackle well, hits high or wraps up high. But he has a good motor stays with the play and gets off blocks well so he can definitely be turned into a good cornerback or safety. He is tall too and I like that we are recruiting tall cornerbacks.

As stated above, elite level athlete and a very raw football player. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he didnt start playing football until HS or well into HS. Looks like a big physical track runner, which isn't a bad thing at all. He has all of the physical tools needed. Just needs to be coached.

As stated above, elite level athlete and a very raw football player. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he didnt start playing football until HS or well into HS. Looks like a big physical track runner, which isn't a bad thing at all. He has all of the physical tools needed. Just needs to be coached.

Yea, I can see that comparison to track runner. I would like to see him get to 210 in a couple years if he comes here. That way when he hits he actual knocks them down instead of having to wrap up high after a hit.

Yea, I can see that comparison to track runner. I would like to see him get to 210 in a couple years if he comes here. That way when he hits he actual knocks them down instead of having to wrap up high after a hit.

That is why I say he is very raw. I want him on the team along with JoJo. Both are elite level athletes as well as Boyd. If we get those three I will be excited.